Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Dedicated T1 Cisco configuration

Dedicated T1 Cisco configuration

fersher fersher is offline
Junior Member

We just had installed a dedicated t1 from our main site to a remote site. I have two cisco routers for this project. I am new to this type of cofiguration so I only have a idea of howto configure this. Any help on the matter would be highly appreciated. I just need the two sites to commuicate. The remote site will also have its own DNS and DHCP but I have a handle on that. If anyone could give me a basic config for the two routers that would rock. Thanks all.

fersher fersher is offline
Junior Member

Now that I have configured the basic setup and I am using a t1 crossover cable. When I connect the two routers the Internet connection on Router 1 at the Main site becomes horably slow. Anyone know why this may be ?

Is it because of the crossover cable ? There is no traffic from Router 2 yet.
Thanks

Router 1
interface Serial0/0/0
encap hdlc
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
service-module t1 clock source internal
bridge-group 1

Router 2
Interface Serial0/0/0
encap hdlc
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
bridge-group 1

fersher fersher is offline
Junior Member

Ok I have managed to get everything working as far as communication between the routers. Here is my issue now if anyone wants to help. From the Remote router I am able to communicate via ping with the Main site internal network of 172.16.100.0 but from the remote side client I can only get to the Main site cisco interface which is 64.214.118.1 , There is a Linux gateway at 64.214.118.2 which like I said I can access via the remote router over the Serial t1 line but not from the FastEthernet interface. Can anyone help with this. It would be very appreciated. I can post configs if needed. Thanks all.