Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XSD restriction to a set of string values

XSD restriction to a set of string values

PeteOlcott

I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
types.

Martin Honnen

PeteOlcott wrote:
> I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
> string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
> types.

Why can't you enumerate the values? That seems to be what you are
looking for ("restricting a type to a specific set of
string values"). Otherwise I only see regular expression patterns as a
way, but that is more complicated than enumerating the values.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

PeteOlcott

On Dec 4, 5:48*am, Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> PeteOlcott wrote:
> > I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a specific set of
> > string values where these string values are not encoded as enumeration
> > types.

> Why can't you enumerate the values? That seems to be what you are
> looking for ("restricting a type to a specific set of
> string values"). Otherwise I only see regular expression patterns as a
> way, but that is more complicated than enumerating the values.
>
> --
>
> * * * * Martin Honnen
> * * * *http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

I am trying to make a SOAP interface such that the client can
dynamically reconfigure its graphical user interface with no
programming changes and no recompile required whenever the web
service is updated with new capabilities. This might not be possible
with pure SOAP, and may require the SOAP message to have an embedded
XML payload.

Restriction on attributes in XSD vincente13@gmail.com XML 1 06-14-2006 11:57 AM
XSD restriction SP XML 0 09-26-2005 03:49 PM
[XSD] derivation by restriction Lars Geldner XML 4 01-07-2005 12:14 PM
XSD: Question on derivation-ok-restriction.5.4.2 Cat XML 3 06-25-2004 11:18 AM
xsd restriction Ed Slen XML 1 06-25-2003 09:25 PM

Advertisments