Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VLAN tunneling through access link

VLAN tunneling through access link

AL

Hello,
Situation is as follows;

I have access link, it's not possible to convert it to trunk and terminal
equipment is Cisco Catalyst 3560 and/or Cisco ME3400.

Is it possible to tunnel vlans through access link (untagged frames).

Is QinQ possible solution?

Any information is helpful.

bod43

On 3 Dec, 18:51, "AL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
> Situation is as follows;
>
> I have access link, it's not possible to convert it to trunk and terminal
> equipment is Cisco Catalyst 3560 and/or Cisco ME3400.
>
> Is it possible to tunnel vlans through access link (untagged frames).
>
> Is QinQ possible solution?
>
> Any information is helpful.

QinQ won't help you across a non-trunk link.

I suggest that you research the xconnect command
I dont know (and suspect that it is not) if your platform
will support this technology.

andu andu is offline
Junior Member

Do you have an intermediate equipment that drops .1Q frames?
If you have one equipment on that link that needs to see a vlan and does not understand .1q you can use tha native encapsulation for that vlan and q for the rest.