Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Confused re Voip providers.

Confused re Voip providers.

Paul

Hi
After checking out several providers mentioned on this group, eg
Sipgate, I had a look at the 'betamax' list, eg f viopcheap.com , and
now I am more confused. Do they all provide a free number/ "line" to
receive calls? Which are the best? As mentioned in a previous thread, I
need to receive calls more than make them, and I need a reliable
service. Thanks for any help.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

Ian Pawson

Paul wrote:
> Hi
> After checking out several providers mentioned on this group, eg
> Sipgate, I had a look at the 'betamax' list, eg f viopcheap.com , and
> now I am more confused. Do they all provide a free number/ "line" to
> receive calls? Which are the best? As mentioned in a previous thread, I
> need to receive calls more than make them, and I need a reliable
> service. Thanks for any help.
> Paul.

As far as I am aware, the betamax people only provide 056 and not
geographic numbers - Sipgate provides a geographic number.

Graham.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> After checking out several providers mentioned on this group, eg Sipgate,
> I had a look at the 'betamax' list, eg f viopcheap.com , and now I am more
> confused. Do they all provide a free number/ "line" to receive calls?
> Which are the best? As mentioned in a previous thread, I need to receive
> calls more than make them, and I need a reliable service. Thanks for any
> help.
> Paul.
> --
> Paul reply-to is valid

Here is a comparison site for Betamax products
http://backsla.sh/betamax
The best one depends on the countries you wish to call.
If you call mainly UK landlines and mobiles then
smslisto.com is a good choice.

Actually, looking at that site now there are a couple
of new entrys
voipzoom.com

I'll start a new thread about this.

--