Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > can't share files or printers

can't share files or printers

dmanes

I set-up a MSHOME network on both my desktop' which is connected to a router,
and on my laptop. When I try to share files or printers it gives me an error
-you might have to get permission to use this resource. I went to Windows and
set in the registry anonymous to 0 which what it was set on. I have a DELL
laptop and it has a linksys pc card. When I set the network up on the laptop
it does show on the connecions in the wizard the wireless card only the LAN.
I connect to the internet through the router fine. At one time and I do mean
one time I saw the drives and printers and printed a page on one of them. Can
you help?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Have you assigned permissions on both Share and Security? Or this search
result may help.
Vista Permission Issues
Mar 19, 2007 ... Can I assume the external drive used to be connecting
to other computer and you just re-connect it the the Vista? Check the
permission using ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"dmanes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I set-up a MSHOME network on both my desktop' which is connected to a
>router,
> and on my laptop. When I try to share files or printers it gives me an
> error
> -you might have to get permission to use this resource. I went to Windows
> and
> set in the registry anonymous to 0 which what it was set on. I have a DELL
> laptop and it has a linksys pc card. When I set the network up on the
> laptop
> it does show on the connecions in the wizard the wireless card only the
> LAN.
> I connect to the internet through the router fine. At one time and I do
> mean
> one time I saw the drives and printers and printed a page on one of them.
> Can
> you help?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi