Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > system.diagnostics.trace.write(..)

system.diagnostics.trace.write(..)

Alex

Hi,

I have noticed that I can only see the output of
"system.diagnostics.trace.write(..)" in the output window of the dubugger.
which leaves me wondering, if these statements are left in the code in a
release build, then where exactly can I see their output.
Is it possible to write then directly to a file rather than the output
window of the debugger.

I am under the impression that objects of the system.diagnostics.trace class
are left in the code when a release build is done where as objects of the
class system.diagnostics.debug are removed from a release build. Am I
correct in this view??

cheers

Alex.

John Saunders

"Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that I can only see the output of
> "system.diagnostics.trace.write(..)" in the output window of the dubugger.
> which leaves me wondering, if these statements are left in the code in a
> release build, then where exactly can I see their output.
> Is it possible to write then directly to a file rather than the output
> window of the debugger.
>
> I am under the impression that objects of the system.diagnostics.trace

class
> are left in the code when a release build is done where as objects of the
> class system.diagnostics.debug are removed from a release build. Am I
> correct in this view??

Look up the System.Diagnostics.TraceListener class in the documentation.
--
John Saunders
Internet Engineer

Alex