Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No internet access with one of networked pcs

No internet access with one of networked pcs

=?Utf-8?B?S3ViaWVnaXJs?=

Hi. I am going crazy with one of the pcs on my network. I have great signal
strength, but cannot access the internet. When I check the ip config, the
address is 0.0.0.0, and when try to ping the router, it says that the
destination host is unreachable. I have talked to Linksys, and they say that
it MAY be a tcp/ip stack issue? Whatever the heck that is?!?!?! Can anyone
help me?

Eric Cross [MVP]

Greetings Kubiegirl,

See the following MS KB Article.

"Ipconfig" Command Reports IP Address 0.0.0.0

_________________
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Kubiegirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I am going crazy with one of the pcs on my network. I have great
> signal
> strength, but cannot access the internet. When I check the ip config, the
> address is 0.0.0.0, and when try to ping the router, it says that the
> destination host is unreachable. I have talked to Linksys, and they say
> that
> it MAY be a tcp/ip stack issue? Whatever the heck that is?!?!?! Can
> anyone
> help me?

Jack

Hi

Since it is Wireless you should consider both the issue as stated in Eric's
link + Viable Wireless Connection.

The signal strength is a combination of the actual 802.11x signal + Phone +
Microwaves + other sources that might generate 2.4GHz "Noise" + Brain
emissions of the user's anxiety state (j/k), in other words it is visual
representation of all the 2.4GHz in the atmosphere around the your Wireless
hardware.

I.e. you might see High Signal Strength that Shows: Excellent = 30% signal
+ 70% noise.

The real measure of the Wireless signal capacity is Signal to Noise Ratio
(SNR), a measure that takes into consideration the relevant Signal adjusted
to the Noise Level. Unfortunately, none of the Entry Level Wireless drivers
provides such a measure.

May be this can Help.

Wireless hardware - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

Wireless - Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

If none of them help you should connect the computer to the Router with a
cable and make sure that your basic Windows setting are working.

If you need to fix the underline base of the TCP/IP Stack look at the end of
this page there are few links to resources on this matter:
http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...