Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OT? xbox 360 fault

OT? xbox 360 fault

Fastmoggy

Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................

Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!

Is there any sites i can go to for help with fault finding?

For some daft reason my son went on utube and wrapped it in towles for 15
minutes switched on!

Apart from a ear bashing he got it still don't work!

Not sure what this You tube site is up to but they show videos of xboxes put
into a water/vinager solution then to tell them to switch it back on!

Sometimes kids will believe anything so i need help asap before he does
something stupid whilst believing this particular site.

I have advised hime to watch his tv whilst in the bath but for some reason
he's not too keen..wonder why?

Anyway if anyone can point me to a good site for fault finding/diy repair
please respond.

Failing that.. Anyone want a white door stop? im still using my trusty old

Evan Platt

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:45:00 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................
>
>Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!
>
>Is there any sites i can go to for help with fault finding?

You can do some googling...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

>For some daft reason my son went on utube and wrapped it in towles for 15
>minutes switched on!

Dry towels? Not going to do anything. And I'm guessing you mean
youtube...

>Apart from a ear bashing he got it still don't work!

Huh?

>Not sure what this You tube site is up to but they show videos of xboxes put
>into a water/vinager solution then to tell them to switch it back on!

If you don't know what youtube is.. I have to ask, what cave have you
been living in?

>Sometimes kids will believe anything so i need help asap before he does
>something stupid whilst believing this particular site.
>
>I have advised hime to watch his tv whilst in the bath but for some reason
>he's not too keen..wonder why?
>
>Anyway if anyone can point me to a good site for fault finding/diy repair
>please respond.

Google.

Fastmoggy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:45:00 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................
>>
>>Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!
>>
>>Is there any sites i can go to for help with fault finding?

> You can do some googling...
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=
>
>>For some daft reason my son went on utube and wrapped it in towles for 15
>>minutes switched on!

> Dry towels? Not going to do anything. And I'm guessing you mean
> youtube...
>
>>Apart from a ear bashing he got it still don't work!

> Huh?
>
>>Not sure what this You tube site is up to but they show videos of xboxes
>>put
>>into a water/vinager solution then to tell them to switch it back on!

> If you don't know what youtube is.. I have to ask, what cave have you
> been living in?
>
>>Sometimes kids will believe anything so i need help asap before he does
>>something stupid whilst believing this particular site.
>>
>>I have advised hime to watch his tv whilst in the bath but for some reason
>>he's not too keen..wonder why?
>>
>>Anyway if anyone can point me to a good site for fault finding/diy repair
>>please respond.

Hi and YES i know what YouTube is! can be funny but this site he looked at
seems a tad dangerous?
Thanks for reply/link
Oh and cave now has electric lite LOL

Evan Platt

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 18:09:33 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi and YES i know what YouTube is! can be funny but this site he looked at
>seems a tad dangerous?

Well, youtube is a site where anyone can upload anything.

Sort of like putting a bulletin board up in the middle of the town,
but then saying that bulletin board is dangerous.

ian field

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 18:09:33 -0000, "Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi and YES i know what YouTube is! can be funny but this site he looked at
>>seems a tad dangerous?

> Well, youtube is a site where anyone can upload anything.
>
> Sort of like putting a bulletin board up in the middle of the town,
> but then saying that bulletin board is dangerous.
> --

One town in the UK had a graffiti wall built - then prosecuted someone for
criminal damage because they sprayed on it before the official opening
ceremony!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi and sorry to bring this up here BUT..................
>
>Sons xbox 360 now has the ring of death!

Check the serial number (on the back or bottom of box) on google, it
might have a 3 year. no questions asked. replacement guarantee
--

One of my favorite things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvYZMqQffQE

Fastmoggy

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> If your mail address is valid I have uploaded 2 Xbox repair guides to
> Yousendit and you will be sent the download links.
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill

Thanks kenny,
Yep the email addy is valid and mail recieved.

Just found my computer building tools, not sure what the hammers for???? LOL

Ok thanks for that, i now have a winter project to keep me busy