Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: mortgage

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: mortgage

 
 
Walter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2008
philo wrote:

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/...nored_warnings


Gee. An AP article bashing the Bush administration. One hardly EVER sees
one of those. I didn't read further than the first paragraph. Did it
mention Barney Frank at all? Or Obama's ties to Fannie and Freddie?
Probably not.

The Center for Responsive Politics kept track of which politicians got
Fannie and Freddie political contributions. The top three U.S. senators
getting big Fannie and Freddie political bucks were democrats, and the
number 2 man with his hand in the cookie jar was none other than Barack
Obama.

White House budget director Franklin Raines ran Fannie under the Clinton
admin. and collected $50 million. Jamie Gorelick, a Clinton justice
department official worked for Fannie and took home $26 million. Democrat
Jim Johnson, recently on Obama's VP search committee has also hauled in
millions from his Fannie Mae CEO job. It's not just the repubs. ALL
politicians are crooked to one degree or another.

I think THEY should PERSONALLY fund any future bailouts they approve. They
can afford it.

Anyway where's MY friggin bailout? Oh wait. I don't need one. I work
hard, pay my taxes, spend within my means, and my mortgage is paid off. No
free money for me. I don't qualify. See what you get when you play by the
"rules" and don't walk around looking for hand-outs all the time? You get
nothing. Except higher taxes so you can continue to foot the bill for both
the high, and the low-life money grubbers.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Walter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2008
HEMI-Powered wrote:

> Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
> ...
>
>> philo wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/...meltdown_ignor
>>> ed_warnings

>>
>> Gee. An AP article bashing the Bush administration. One
>> hardly EVER sees one of those. I didn't read further than the
>> first paragraph. Did it mention Barney Frank at all? Or
>> Obama's ties to Fannie and Freddie? Probably not.
>>
>> The Center for Responsive Politics kept track of which
>> politicians got Fannie and Freddie political contributions.
>> The top three U.S. senators getting big Fannie and Freddie
>> political bucks were democrats, and the number 2 man with his
>> hand in the cookie jar was none other than Barack Obama.
>>
>> White House budget director Franklin Raines ran Fannie under
>> the Clinton admin. and collected $50 million. Jamie Gorelick,
>> a Clinton justice department official worked for Fannie and
>> took home $26 million. Democrat Jim Johnson, recently on
>> Obama's VP search committee has also hauled in millions from
>> his Fannie Mae CEO job. It's not just the repubs. ALL
>> politicians are crooked to one degree or another.
>>
>> I think THEY should PERSONALLY fund any future bailouts they
>> approve. They can afford it.
>>
>> Anyway where's MY friggin bailout? Oh wait. I don't need
>> one. I work hard, pay my taxes, spend within my means, and my
>> mortgage is paid off. No free money for me. I don't qualify.
>> See what you get when you play by the "rules" and don't walk
>> around looking for hand-outs all the time? You get nothing.
>> Except higher taxes so you can continue to foot the bill for
>> both the high, and the low-life money grubbers.
>>
>>

> The very best way I have ever seen to describe the current
> malaise we are in is as follows, also from an AP reporter:
>
> "This is what happens when greedy Wall Street bankers come in
> contact with Corrupt polititians and then, BOTH meet STUPID home
> buyers who cannot or will not read the contract before they buy a
> house"


Well who's tough **** is it that Biff and Buffy took a mortgage on a house
they couldn't afford that included a 50K balloon payment due in ten years?
And who's fault is it that instead of saving towards that payment they went
out and bought his&hers BMWs to impress the neighbors? Mine? Must be,
since they want me to help pay for it. The lenders knew damn well in
advance that there was a good chance a lot of those loans were bad, yet they
were forced by politicians to make them anyway. What should happen is the
terms of the mortgages get renegotiated to reduce the monthly payment and
extend the life of the loans. Too bad Biff and Buffy. Now you have a 45
year mortgage instead of a 30 year deal. What should NOT happen is raising
my taxes in order for them to have their mortagae paid off on time. Nobody
gave me one damn dime toward my mortgage. Why should I help somebody else
pay theirs? How's that fair to me? I'm already helping foot the the bill
for welfare slobs and crooked politicians. Now I gotta help bail out
greedy, stupid people as well?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Walter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2008
HEMI-Powered wrote:

> Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
> ...
>
>> Well who's tough **** is it that Biff and Buffy took a
>> mortgage on a house they couldn't afford that included a 50K
>> balloon payment due in ten years? And who's fault is it that
>> instead of saving towards that payment they went out and
>> bought his&hers BMWs to impress the neighbors? Mine? Must
>> be, since they want me to help pay for it. The lenders knew
>> damn well in advance that there was a good chance a lot of
>> those loans were bad, yet they were forced by politicians to
>> make them anyway. What should happen is the terms of the
>> mortgages get renegotiated to reduce the monthly payment and
>> extend the life of the loans. Too bad Biff and Buffy. Now
>> you have a 45 year mortgage instead of a 30 year deal. What
>> should NOT happen is raising my taxes in order for them to
>> have their mortagae paid off on time. Nobody gave me one damn
>> dime toward my mortgage. Why should I help somebody else pay
>> theirs? How's that fair to me? I'm already helping foot the
>> the bill for welfare slobs and crooked politicians. Now I
>> gotta help bail out greedy, stupid people as well?
>>

> What it comes down to is simply this: STUPID people sign on the
> dotted line with NO understanding what they are signing, NO clue as
> to what a mortgage is, especially an ARM, and no idea how they will
> pay back a house worth several times what they can afford. When
> these stupids come in contact with greedy bankers pushed to loan to
> anybody who breathes who in turn were encouraged by corrupt
> politicians, notably Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Why any of this
> became the business of the American taxpayer is beyond me!


Same way it always has. The greedy lawyers in both the congress and senate
pass bills with lots of pork for the unions, (biggest contributors to
democrats) the Prez approves them, and 10-20 years down the line the middle
class pays the tab one way or another. Want it fixed?

First, kill all the lawyers. Next, obliterate all the unions. Then MAYBE
we can start on the road to recovery in the U.S.





 
Reply With Quote
 
myname
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2008
"HEMI-Powered" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Xns9B679627DC5A3ReplyScoreID@
216.168.3.30:

> Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
> ...
>
>> Same way it always has. The greedy lawyers in both the
>> congress and senate pass bills with lots of pork for the
>> unions, (biggest contributors to democrats) the Prez approves
>> them, and 10-20 years down the line the middle class pays the
>> tab one way or another. Want it fixed?
>>

> NOT the problem at all. The problem was, and still is, that the Far
> Left Loons decided nearly 20 years ago to try an extend the
> American Dream of home ownership even to the stupids who couldn't
> pay it off, hence became this thing called a "subprime" mortgage,
> meaning for one with less than prime credit. The Barney Frank and
> Chris Dodd's of the Congress took in literally hundreds of
> thousands in campaign contributions -EACH - to look the other way,
> forget their oathes of office and also forget their duty to oversee
> the greedy out there while at the same time the stupids.


The problem begins with overseas oil monies being traded for Euros a
few years back.

Saddam Husein started it.

You get it now?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bucky Breeder
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2008
myname <(E-Mail Removed)> propogated this using
news:Xns9B6A65A61860Bmynameismud@194.177.96.78:

> "HEMI-Peepee-pants" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote this in
> news:Xns9B679627DC5A3ReplyScoreID@216.168.3.30:
>
>> Walter added these comments in the current discussion du jour
>> ...
>>
>>> Same way it always has. The greedy lawyers in both the
>>> congress and senate pass bills with lots of pork for the
>>> unions, (biggest contributors to democrats) the Prez approves
>>> them, and 10-20 years down the line the middle class pays the
>>> tab one way or another. Want it fixed?
>>>

>> NOT the problem at all. The problem was, and still is, that the Far
>> Left Loons decided nearly 20 years ago to try an extend the
>> American Dream of home ownership even to the stupids who couldn't
>> pay it off, hence became this thing called a "subprime" mortgage,
>> meaning for one with less than prime credit. The Barney Frank and
>> Chris Dodd's of the Congress took in literally hundreds of
>> thousands in campaign contributions -EACH - to look the other way,
>> forget their oathes of office and also forget their duty to oversee
>> the greedy out there while at the same time the stupids.

>
> The problem begins with overseas oil monies being traded for Euros a
> few years back.
>
> Saddam Husein started it.
>
> You get it now?


HEMI-Peepee-pants will NEVER "get 'it'"... S/he's a left-wing-loon
who calls everyone else a left-wing-loon because like the
left-wing-loon s/he really is, s/he thinks s/he's hiding that way.

You should see her when she's having her mensturals... whoaaahhh

--

I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got the Christmas Spirit! <(*(}^%{>~*

Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous Holiday Season! Yes, even
to the degenerate Republicans and Pro-lifers because peace is what the
baby Jesus would want under his Christmas tree - and Tonka Toys too!
What-up with all this gold, frankincense and myrrh crap? It's like
getting underwear, pajamas, and toothbrushes - all wrapped up. WTF?!?!

http://kitty-pron.notlong.com/

Repent, the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mortgage refinancing, financing, stock. f-ckf0rsake ASP .Net 0 09-14-2006 10:24 PM
Free Ameriquest Mortgage Quote! submit@neo.rr.com Computer Support 1 12-07-2003 07:14 AM
Free Ameriquest Mortgage Quote! submit@neo.rr.com Computer Support 1 12-07-2003 07:13 AM
Mortgage Quotes on the Web j Lula Mcallister Python 0 09-07-2003 02:40 PM
Mortgage problem (UK) Dodgy Dave Computer Support 3 06-25-2003 05:31 PM



Advertisments