Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with Hotfix 956390

Problem with Hotfix 956390

Pete Angelakos

I am running XP Home SP3 with all critical updates.
Qfecheck & Belarc Advisor are telling me that Hotfix 956390 needs to be
reinstalled.
I have done this several times with no success.
This is what I have tried:
Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and
reinstalling manually.
Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and letting
Windows Update reinstall.

TIA,
Pete

Cirga

On Dec 1, 5:58*am, "Pete Angelakos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am running XP Home SP3 with all critical updates.
> Qfecheck & Belarc Advisor are telling me that Hotfix 956390 needs to be
> reinstalled.
> I have done this several times with no success.
> This is what I have tried:
> Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and
> reinstalling manually.
> Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and letting
> Windows Update reinstall.

> TIA,
> Pete

What is the problem with the hotfix? Do you have any noticeable
issues while running normally? Are you merely trying to reinstall it
becauase Qfechek and Belarc are saying you need to?

What type of PC are you running? Laptop or Desktop? There is a
common problem with a few hotfixes affecting certain Dell laptops that
kills internet connectivity, but thats the only issue I have seen
recently with the windows xp SP3 hotfixes.

Pete Angelakos

"Cirga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Dec 1, 5:58 am, "Pete Angelakos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am running XP Home SP3 with all critical updates.
> Qfecheck & Belarc Advisor are telling me that Hotfix 956390 needs to be
> reinstalled.
> I have done this several times with no success.
> This is what I have tried:
> Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and
> reinstalling manually.
> Turning off my firewall & anti-virus and uninstalling 956390 and letting
> Windows Update reinstall.

> TIA,
> Pete

What is the problem with the hotfix? Do you have any noticeable
issues while running normally? Are you merely trying to reinstall it
becauase Qfechek and Belarc are saying you need to?

What type of PC are you running? Laptop or Desktop? There is a
common problem with a few hotfixes affecting certain Dell laptops that
kills internet connectivity, but thats the only issue I have seen
recently with the windows xp SP3 hotfixes.

I have no obvious problem -- I am trying to reinstall because Qfecheck &
Belarc say to.
I am running a Dell Optiplex 320 desktop.