Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Super-Zoom P&S Camera Beats DSLR (again) - Film at 11

Re: Super-Zoom P&S Camera Beats DSLR (again) - Film at 11

Wolfgang Weisselberg

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes, like how thousands of P&S RETARDS fire off flashes in sports stadiums
> because:
> 1. They are too F---- STUPID to realize they won't reach that far.
> 2. They are too F---- STUPID to know how to turn the flash off!

This must be the first time I can completely agree with
RichA. My world is ending!

-Wolfgang

tony cooper

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:37:10 -0500, "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Wolfgang Weisselberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, like how thousands of P&S RETARDS fire off flashes in sports
>>> stadiums
>>> because:
>>> 1. They are too F---- STUPID to realize they won't reach that far.
>>> 2. They are too F---- STUPID to know how to turn the flash off!

>> This must be the first time I can completely agree with
>> RichA. My world is ending!
>>
>> -Wolfgang

>One day after writing it, I was in a shopping mall. A guy was on a
>staircase, blasting away with his P&S and on-camera flash...at a fountain
>100ft away.

It's entirely possible, if there is enough light in the area, that the
picture will turn out fine. Even if the camera's flash can be
disabled, the flash doesn't detract from the result. So what's the
big deal?

It's not like the guy thought he could only get a good picture if the
flash carried 100 feet.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Mark Thomas

tony cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:37:10 -0500, "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> This must be the first time I can completely agree with
>>> RichA. My world is ending!
>>>
>>> -Wolfgang

>> One day after writing it, I was in a shopping mall. A guy was on a
>> staircase, blasting away with his P&S and on-camera flash...at a fountain
>> 100ft away.
>>

> It's entirely possible, if there is enough light in the area, that the
> picture will turn out fine. Even if the camera's flash can be
> disabled, the flash doesn't detract from the result. So what's the
> big deal?
>
> It's not like the guy thought he could only get a good picture if the
> flash carried 100 feet.

I'm with Tony here - who gives a toss? Some p&s are so crude that you
either cannot disable the flash, or it is hidden under menu options or
obscure key-presses, or on a key with a symbol that granny can't
actually see.

As for them all going off at sports events - again, so what? Some folks
don't know how to use their equipment to its full potential or forget..
well, gee, who woulda thought that, especially in a huge group of
excited people at an event...? And how exactly do you know that some of
them aren't taking a picture of their friend/spouse seated next to them?
Besides. some would say it adds to the atmosphere.

So yes, Rich, let's rant about it and they will all change their habits
and the world will be a better place.

Or it will help make you feel 'superior'. Which one is it, I wonder?

Ray Fischer

tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:37:10 -0500, "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>"Wolfgang Weisselberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> This must be the first time I can completely agree with
>>> RichA. My world is ending!
>>>
>>> -Wolfgang

>>One day after writing it, I was in a shopping mall. A guy was on a
>>staircase, blasting away with his P&S and on-camera flash...at a fountain
>>100ft away.
>>

>It's entirely possible, if there is enough light in the area, that the
>picture will turn out fine. Even if the camera's flash can be
>disabled, the flash doesn't detract from the result. So what's the
>big deal?

20 years ago people would put flash cubes/bars on their film cameras
to take pictures from the stadiums at events like the Olympics.
Now they can blame the camera, but I suspect that people have not
gotten more of a clue on the past couple decades.

--
Ray Fischer