Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > the "anchors" in Word 2007

the "anchors" in Word 2007

Lynn

I made a document in Word 2007 with a bunch of pictures in text boxes, I
cannot move the top ones without everyone of them changing. When I click on
the picture an anchor-like symbol pops up. Is there anyway to get rid of it
so that all the pictures don't move when I move the top one? Thanks for your
help!

我的也是啊,该咋办??????

不晓得

"Lynn" wrote:

> I made a document in Word 2007 with a bunch of pictures in text boxes, I
> cannot move the top ones without everyone of them changing. When I click on
> the picture an anchor-like symbol pops up. Is there anyway to get rid of it
> so that all the pictures don't move when I move the top one? Thanks for your
> help!

zebloc zebloc is offline
Junior Member

Dear Lynn: I've been studying Anchors & Objects & here's what I've found so far.. You can put Pictures, Text, Charts, SmartArt & Tables in a Text Box. If you try to put in WordArt, a Shape or another Text Box, Word converts them to Pictures. All of these Objects can only be aligned 'In Line with Text' - the Text Wrapping option is greyed-out. The first picture in the Text Box will be in the upper left because that is where the text starts. If you click outside the picture you get the cursor at the right so you can click a few more spaces & insert your next picture. If you want to put a picture somewhere specific you have to hit Enter a few times to advance down the Text Box and then space in. What happens inside your Text Box will depend on how big the Pictures are and how big your Text Box is - but you can drag the sizes. The anchor symbol is the anchor for the Text Box per se and anchors the Text Box to a Paragraph in your document. If you delete that paragraph, the anchor symbol will vanish along with your Text Box & everything in it. zebloc