Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Need advice for an on-line printing service

Re: Need advice for an on-line printing service

Ray Fischer

B‘wser <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote:
>I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
>post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they want.
>Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
>would be good. What site is best for this use?

"Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
and which I use.

Browse.

--
Ray Fischer

Dave Cohen

Ray Fischer wrote:
> B‘wser <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote:
>> I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
>> post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they want.
>> Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
>> would be good. What site is best for this use?

> "Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
> which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
> there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
> and which I use.
>
> Browse.

Can you get prints from flikr? I've used them but had trouble with their
site (including how to get prints). For a limited number of friends
Yorkphoto is ok, but you need to specify an email address for each
potential recipient. Good for sharing family photos for both viewing and
printing.
Dave Cohen

J. Clarke

Dave Cohen wrote:
> Ray Fischer wrote:
>> B‘wser <(E-Mail Removed)0m> wrote:
>>> I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would
>>> like to post them somewhere so the parents can view and order
>>> prints, if they want. Also, if there's some way I can make a
>>> little
>>> money off the sales, that would be good. What site is best for
>>> this
>>> use?

>> "Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
>> which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
>> there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
>> and which I use.
>>
>> Browse.
>>

> Can you get prints from flikr?

Do you mean flickr? If so, yes, you can.

> I've used them but had trouble with
> their site (including how to get prints). For a limited number of
> friends Yorkphoto is ok, but you need to specify an email address
> for
> each potential recipient. Good for sharing family photos for both
> viewing and printing.
> Dave Cohen

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate