Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP boot options.

XP boot options.

ian field

Running XP pro.

First start-up today my PC reported widows error starting up, it took two
goes at "last known good settings" before it booted into windows.

I have AVG and Spyware Terminator, both updated daily so I'm hoping its not
a malware attack - What possible causes should I check for?

TIA.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Running XP pro.
>
>First start-up today my PC reported widows error starting up, it took two
>goes at "last known good settings" before it booted into windows.
>
>I have AVG and Spyware Terminator, both updated daily so I'm hoping its not
>a malware attack - What possible causes should I check for?

Start | Run <type in>
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look for errors around the time the problem started.
--

Macy's Parade, Rick Rolled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7B5aHafc0

ian field

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Running XP pro.
>>
>>First start-up today my PC reported widows error starting up, it took two
>>goes at "last known good settings" before it booted into windows.
>>
>>I have AVG and Spyware Terminator, both updated daily so I'm hoping its
>>not
>>a malware attack - What possible causes should I check for?

> Start | Run <type in>
> eventvwr.msc
> <enter>
>
> Look for errors around the time the problem started.

There's a lot of red "error" icons next to "Service Control Manager" lines
and a yellow "Warning" icon on a TCP/IP line, that tells me there was some
kind of problem - which I already knew.