Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No "Wireless Network Connection Status" button

No "Wireless Network Connection Status" button

AJS

Hi,
I am using WinXP home.
When I open the "Wireless Network Connection Status" window, I do not have a
"View Wireless Networks" button.

On my other computer with XP pro the button is there.

Both computers are online by wireless connection.

How do I get that button there?

Thanks,
AJS

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Are you running Microsoft ZWC? Make sure it is running in the services.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"AJS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am using WinXP home.
> When I open the "Wireless Network Connection Status" window, I do not have
> "View Wireless Networks" button.
>
> On my other computer with XP pro the button is there.
>
> Both computers are online by wireless connection.
>
> How do I get that button there?
>
> Thanks,
> AJS

AJS

What is ZWC?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Are you running Microsoft ZWC? Make sure it is running in the services.
|
| --
| Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
| Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
| http://www.ChicagoTech.net
| How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
| http://www.HowToNetworking.com
| "AJS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Hi,
| > I am using WinXP home.
| > When I open the "Wireless Network Connection Status" window, I do not
have
| > "View Wireless Networks" button.
| >
| > On my other computer with XP pro the button is there.
| >
| > Both computers are online by wireless connection.
| >
| > How do I get that button there?
| >
| > Thanks,
| > AJS

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Make sure that the Icon connection that you see in the Traybar is the
Wireless, and not the wire network card.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Wireless in general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"AJS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am using WinXP home.
> When I open the "Wireless Network Connection Status" window, I do not have
> "View Wireless Networks" button.
>
> On my other computer with XP pro the button is there.
>
> Both computers are online by wireless connection.
>
> How do I get that button there?
>
> Thanks,
> AJS

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Sorry, it should be WZC (Windows Zero Configuration).