Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Shoretel

Shoretel

Stephen Ward

Anyone point me to a source of useful docs for Shoretel systems? Five
days without phones because their UK after sales support is, to be
honest, PANTS!

Got sick of hearing 'it's an IP conflict' when it was the only device on
the network.

jroager

Hi Stephen,

I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in
knowing the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can.
Did you call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner
for support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our
website that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a
private message. I would like to reach out to you.

Jason

--
jroager
jroager's Profile: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/member.php?userid=2324

External post from http://www.ukvoiptalk.com

Graham.

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in
> knowing the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can.
> Did you call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner
> for support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our
> website that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a
> private message. I would like to reach out to you.
>
> Jason
>

> --
> jroager
> jroager's Profile: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/member.php?userid=2324
> View this thread: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/showthread.php?t=4395
>
> External post from http://www.ukvoiptalk.com

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Jason,
Why does an IT savvy person such as yourself choose to post to Usenet
via a leaching Web gateway?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Stephen Ward

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:33:27 +0000, jroager wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in knowing
> the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can. Did you
> call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner for
> support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our website
> that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a private
> message. I would like to reach out to you.
>
> Jason

It was ShoreTel TAC AFAIR- Here is how it works 'You are through to
please leave a message'.

I kind of liked the nefarious abuse of shutting the whole system down
when the licence had expired (without any warning) resulting in TWO DAYS
to get a call centre back on line. The final straw comes when support is
a voicemail that takes FIVE DAYS to get an answer from. Looks like the
Shoretel is going *in the bin*. It was pulled out today and replaced with
a reliable open source solution.

If this was ShoreTel TAC then *SHAME ON YOU*

--
.. . .

alexd

jroager wrote:

> I would like to reach out to you.

Get a room.

21:08:47 up 14 days, 2 min, 2 users, load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.08

Gordon Henderson

In article <492f034c$0$2521$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Stephen Ward <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:33:27 +0000, jroager wrote:
>
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in knowing
>> the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can. Did you
>> call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner for
>> support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our website
>> that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a private
>> message. I would like to reach out to you.
>>
>> Jason

>It was ShoreTel TAC AFAIR- Here is how it works 'You are through to
>please leave a message'.
>
>I kind of liked the nefarious abuse of shutting the whole system down
>when the licence had expired (without any warning) resulting in TWO DAYS
>to get a call centre back on line. The final straw comes when support is
>a voicemail that takes FIVE DAYS to get an answer from. Looks like the
>Shoretel is going *in the bin*. It was pulled out today and replaced with
>a reliable open source solution.

So a result for open source - something who's license will never run
out on you, hurrah!

I can't believe these things are still going on - a local company here,
had their phone system almost removed on the last day of their 5-year
lease agreement with no prior warning - they had no choice (at the time)
but to sign up for another 5 years, or be without a phone system! Shame
they didn't know me at the time )-:

Gordon

Stephen Ward

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:28:03 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> In article <492f034c$0$2521$(E-Mail Removed)>, Stephen Ward
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:33:27 +0000, jroager wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stephen,
>>>
>>> I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in
>>> knowing the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I
>>> can. Did you call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel
>>> Partner for support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located
>>> on our website that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me
>>> a private message. I would like to reach out to you.
>>>
>>> Jason

>>It was ShoreTel TAC AFAIR- Here is how it works 'You are through to
>>please leave a message'.
>>
>>I kind of liked the nefarious abuse of shutting the whole system down
>>when the licence had expired (without any warning) resulting in TWO DAYS
>>to get a call centre back on line. The final straw comes when support is
>>a voicemail that takes FIVE DAYS to get an answer from. Looks like the
>>Shoretel is going *in the bin*. It was pulled out today and replaced
>>with a reliable open source solution.

> So a result for open source - something who's license will never run out
> on you, hurrah!
>
> I can't believe these things are still going on - a local company here,
> had their phone system almost removed on the last day of their 5-year
> lease agreement with no prior warning - they had no choice (at the time)
> but to sign up for another 5 years, or be without a phone system! Shame
> they didn't know me at the time )-:
>
> Gordon

The embarrassing thing is the place makes and supports linux based
communication devices. We've worked out, by trial and error, that
Asterisk does all that we want and more - and as Gordon points out
without licence issues. It's up and running and we got the cards we need
online a couple of days BEFORE Sh*tel had bothered to call us back.

ARCHIVE THIS *AVOID SHORETEL SUPPORT IN THE UK - IT SERIOUSLY SUCKS*
(for the benefit of search engines and groups)
--
.. . .