Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > acts like an anchor, i.e., links to another page, but looks like a button

acts like an anchor, i.e., links to another page, but looks like a button

bruce barker

whether you can ignore javascript being disabled depends on your site
and its users. if there is there a monetary reward to use your site,
then you can have more control. maybe you can just blow them off.

you can use a sniffer, to detect no javascript, and have two versions.
you can code your pages to gracefully degrade when javascript is
disabled. (unfortunately asp.net webforms gave no thought to this
approach, so many of the control fail without javascript).

when dealing with transparent images check the limitations of IE 6.0
(only 8 bit).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

AAaron123 wrote:
> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "AAaron123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> To get the rounded corners I'd have to make a .gif with transparent color
>>> in the corners?

>> Yes, pretty much.
>>
>>> The text would be part of the image so I'd need an image for each
>>> different text?

>> Or create the image dynamically at runtime...
>>
>>> Are there many people with JavaScript disabled (this impacts other
>>> things)?

>> About 6%: http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2008/October/javas.php
>>

>> --
>> Mark Rae
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> http://www.markrae.net

> How do most developers handle the 6%?
>
> Ignore that fact that their site will not function perfectly on those
> browsers?
>
> Not use javascript?
>
> Check to see if it is supported and provide alternate code?
>
> ??
>

> Thanks
>

> PS Do you have any idea why some people would use a javascript non-enabled
> browser?

AAaron123

Thanks for the insight

news:(E-Mail Removed)...