Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Script to search by Date

Python Script to search by Date

gamersunit@gmail.com

What I'm trying to do is decompress a bunch of files depending on the
date/time specified.

So, we have full backups created every Sunday and transaction backups
every hour afterwards.

I have everything compressed at an hourly basis.

Now, what I'm trying to create is a way to specify a date and time
where it would automatically decompress the files.

The main part that I'm trying to figure out is how would I search the
date and time, and it would the files from the sunday prior, to the
specified date?

Anyone have an idea?

Albert Hopkins

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 16:10 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> What I'm trying to do is decompress a bunch of files depending on the
> date/time specified.
>
> So, we have full backups created every Sunday and transaction backups
> every hour afterwards.
>
> I have everything compressed at an hourly basis.
>
> Now, what I'm trying to create is a way to specify a date and time
> where it would automatically decompress the files.
>
> The main part that I'm trying to figure out is how would I search the
> date and time, and it would the files from the sunday prior, to the
> specified date?
>
> Anyone have an idea?
> --

Use os.path.getmtime(filename) to get the modification time of a file
(see the documentation).

-a