Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > million dollar question

million dollar question

ewastudent

how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys know
what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN or VFP
or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege. Is this your
guys' jobs? do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get bored and
start answering questions?

David B.

Fork over the million and I'll give ya an answer.

--

----
Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

"ewastudent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys know
> what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN or VFP
> or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege. Is this your
> guys' jobs? do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get bored and
> start answering questions?

ewastudent

oh come on! i dont really have a million dollars... he he he
"David B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fork over the million and I'll give ya an answer.
>
> --
>
> ----
> Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm
>

> "ewastudent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys
>> know what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN
>> or VFP or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege. Is
>> this your guys' jobs? do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get
>> bored and start answering questions?

Phillip Windell

"ewastudent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys know
> what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN or VFP
> or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege.

College Classes, Self-Study,...and experience,...but still yet no college
degree or Highschool Diploma,...only a G.E.D. and a spattering of college
classes for me. The rest is just experience.
Been doing it over 10 years professionally,...the "hobby" started around the
Commodore VIC20 period.

> Is this your guys' jobs?

No,...but you can pay me if you want.

> do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get bored and start
> answering questions?

That's pretty much it. We don't know each other personally and never met
each other (for the most part), and in many cases are not even in the same
country. With some, english is not even their first language.

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com

ewastudent

interesting hobbies mr. windell
"Phillip Windell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "ewastudent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys
>> know what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN
>> or VFP or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege.

> College Classes, Self-Study,...and experience,...but still yet no college
> degree or Highschool Diploma,...only a G.E.D. and a spattering of college
> classes for me. The rest is just experience.
> Been doing it over 10 years professionally,...the "hobby" started around
> the Commodore VIC20 period.
>
>> Is this your guys' jobs?

> No,...but you can pay me if you want.
>
>> do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get bored and start
>> answering questions?

> That's pretty much it. We don't know each other personally and never met
> each other (for the most part), and in many cases are not even in the same
> country. With some, english is not even their first language.
>
> --
> Phillip Windell
> www.wandtv.com
>
> The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or
> Microsoft,

smlunatick

On Nov 25, 6:27*pm, "ewastudent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys know
> what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN or VFP
> or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege. Is this your
> guys' jobs? do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get bored and
> start answering questions?

Search the Internet and you will find some answers.

Most newsgroups are not "staffed" with agents. Most posters are
hobbyist and like to help others.

Big_Al

ewastudent wrote:
> how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys
> know what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN
> or VFP or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege. Is
> this your guys' jobs? do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get
> bored and start answering questions?

There is a percentage that work with computers. Others have had 'it'
happen to them. Whatever 'it' is, they've been there. And then
there are people who have been reading these groups for years and have
read about it and remember. And there are those that just know how to
word it in google. Thus you get an answer from one of them.

If you think about all the people all over the world that are reading
these messages, your resource pool is very varied. (pun intended).

PS. Not every suggestion though is right. Don't ask for the best
anti-virus program!!!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
A good start is to enter into a Live Search or and other search engine the
term that you are looking for follow by the word wiki.
In most time you would get a decent page rather then Merchandizing.
Example to what the term VPN wiki yields, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vpn
And there is always my humble page, http://www.ezlan.net/vpn.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"ewastudent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do all of you know what ur talking about, i mean, i know you guys know
> what you are talking about, but where do you all learn all this VPN or VFP
> or whatever it is along withall the other computer knowlege. Is this your
> guys' jobs? do you guys have separate jobs at offices and get bored and
> start answering questions?

yba02

Jack, isn't that second link sort of merchendizing!