Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Zero Config causes my adapter to loose it's DHCP address.

Wireless Zero Config causes my adapter to loose it's DHCP address.

jdh201

Ok, to begin with I have a fairly robust wireless network. I am running a
Cisco 3750 switch with an integrated wireless controller. I currently am
running 8 SSIDs across about 14 access points all running WPA.

My problem is on the 20 or so XP SP3 laptops in the building. My vista
machines do not have any issues, either do any of my other wireless devices.
I think I have pinpointed the issue to Wireless Zero Config. Every 5 minutes
or so my XP laptops will come up and say limited or no connectivity. At that
point I they are still showing that they are connected to the network, only
they have lost their IP address for some reason. I have confirmed that this
is not a real signal quality issue as I can sit the laptop 6 feet from and
AP, walk away from it and when I come back it is disconnected. I recently
migrated my wireless encryption from WEP to WPA and that seems to be when
this issue started. Can anyone give me any pointers?

jdh201

Just to add a little more detail. I'm running WPA1+WPA2 on the wireless
network. I'm going to try to drop back to just WPA1. Running with PSK.
Laptops are all thinkpad R52s for the most part.