Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > table displaying problem

table displaying problem

Pulphix

Hi Everyone,
I have an issue displaying a table that I would like to sort out.
In my web page a table is displayed.
This table can be bigger than the page width, so I'm using a div to
contain it with "overflow: auto;" to display the scrollbar.
I would like to have the first column fixed and scroll just the
others.
Does someone know a css solution for that?

Thanks
Pulphix

Neredbojias

On 24 Nov 2008, Pulphix <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I have an issue displaying a table that I would like to sort out.
> In my web page a table is displayed.
> This table can be bigger than the page width, so I'm using a div to
> contain it with "overflow: auto;" to display the scrollbar.
> I would like to have the first column fixed and scroll just the
> others.
> Does someone know a css solution for that?

Example:

http://www.neredbojias.org/_orp/mars.php

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

dorayme

In article <ggegoh$tn$(E-Mail Removed)>, Pulphix <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I have an issue displaying a table that I would like to sort out.
> In my web page a table is displayed.
> This table can be bigger than the page width, so I'm using a div to
> contain it with "overflow: auto;" to display the scrollbar.
> I would like to have the first column fixed and scroll just the
> others.
> Does someone know a css solution for that?

You might come at:

<http://tinyurl.com/6fk3wf>

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <http://tinyurl.com/6fk3wf>

Sorry. Not sure what went wrong with this Tiny?

Try

<http://netweaver.com.au/alt/fauxTableWithFixedCell.html>

--
dorayme