Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Django Latex Permissions Problem

Python Django Latex Permissions Problem

I-T

I have a python/django webapp running with apache2. It executes system
commands for getting a pdf generated by pdflatex from a .tex file and
a couple of image files which it also generates.

The permssions from ls-l for all the created files is:-
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data

The files are being created in /tmp/pdfscratch{id} created from the
script and so is the directory.

pdflatex fails with the following error message:-

This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
%&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
! I can't write on file `uber.log'.
Please type another transcript file name:
! Emergency stop
! ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Its supposed to write to this directory. I have a feeling that
pdflatex is trying to generate files using some weird access
credentials that dont have access to /tmp/pdfscratch{id}

What do you guys think could be the problem/solution

Thanks in advance

I-T

It was a very unlikely problem. Apparently although apache was
configured, someone in the past had run some instances of manage.py
Maybe they were stuck or they were running in the background.

Once all python instances were killed and Apache was restarted,
everything worked as a breeze.

Thanks for the help though