Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > laptop screen dull

laptop screen dull

jinxy

Hello, I have a Toshiba Sat. A70. I just recently ran the restore
disk
and the machine is running fine . Only one issue ,and that is that
the
screen is quite dull and not bright as it shoud be. When I try to
adjust the display ,nothing changes. The graphics are an ATI mobility
Radeon 9000 igp. The driver version is 6.14.10.6444. I tried to see
if
there is a newer driver but no luck. I have also checked the settings
in the power management utility. If you have any ideas as to what
might be happening , please let me know.
thanks in advance for your time and efforts.
jinxy

Paul

jinxy wrote:
> Hello, I have a Toshiba Sat. A70. I just recently ran the restore
> disk
> and the machine is running fine . Only one issue ,and that is that
> the
> screen is quite dull and not bright as it shoud be. When I try to
> adjust the display ,nothing changes. The graphics are an ATI mobility
> Radeon 9000 igp. The driver version is 6.14.10.6444. I tried to see
> if
> there is a newer driver but no luck. I have also checked the settings
> in the power management utility. If you have any ideas as to what
> might be happening , please let me know.
> thanks in advance for your time and efforts.
> jinxy

Did you get the driver from the manufacturer ? I would try
a Toshiba provided driver first, to establish baseline
behavior.

Is it possible, that some other driver installation from
the manufacturer, restores that kind of setting ?

Paul

Nelson Ogden

It sounds to me that it is dimmed to save power. If the hothey combination
to adjust the brightness does not work at all (either up or down), there is
probably still a driver or software missing. I don't know what software in
particular you would need because I am not familiar with that exact model.
Just something to look into.

Nelson

news:(E-Mail Removed)...