Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back?Realplayer, mns

Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back?Realplayer, mns

chuckcar

Cork Soaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar wrote:

>>> There are two, and I know it's not a bloody file.
>>>

>> No, there's more than two. Bad idea. Aren't you a ray of sunshine! And
>> no *I* won't and neither should the OP.

> You actually are a complete moron! You clearly have no idea how the
> registry works, you pitiful fool.

LOL. You have *no* idea how much more I know about it than you do.

The last refuge of the truly ignorant, blaming those who point out his
lack of knowledge.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

coaster

I like to edit the Registry, I put xxx in front of the path, so the
file doesn't loud (causes a fault, but what the heck, it's over in a
nanosecond or two), and the entry is still there if I want to bring it
back. Avoids having to use msconfig or uninstalling anything. For
example:

NvMediaCenter REG_SZ xxxRUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS
\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

will prevent that task from loading and running

.....and if you don't know what you're doing mucking about in the
Registry, you can undo whatever you did wrong fairly easy.

Naturally, it's a good idea to create a Restore Point before doing
this.

chuckcar

coaster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I like to edit the Registry, I put xxx in front of the path, so the
> file doesn't loud (causes a fault, but what the heck, it's over in a
> nanosecond or two), and the entry is still there if I want to bring it
> back. Avoids having to use msconfig or uninstalling anything. For
> example:
>
> NvMediaCenter REG_SZ xxxRUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS
> \system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
>
> will prevent that task from loading and running
>
> ....and if you don't know what you're doing mucking about in the
> Registry, you can undo whatever you did wrong fairly easy.
>
> Naturally, it's a good idea to create a Restore Point before doing
> this.

*if* you use regedit, for which the above is hardly a reason, you create a
registry backup *in* it. The above line could just be unchecked in
msconfig.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>coaster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I like to edit the Registry, I put xxx in front of the path, so the
>> file doesn't loud (causes a fault, but what the heck, it's over in a
>> nanosecond or two), and the entry is still there if I want to bring it
>> back. Avoids having to use msconfig or uninstalling anything. For
>> example:
>>
>> NvMediaCenter REG_SZ xxxRUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS
>> \system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
>>
>> will prevent that task from loading and running
>>
>> ....and if you don't know what you're doing mucking about in the
>> Registry, you can undo whatever you did wrong fairly easy.
>>
>> Naturally, it's a good idea to create a Restore Point before doing
>> this.

>*if* you use regedit, for which the above is hardly a reason, you create a
>registry backup *in* it. The above line could just be unchecked in
>msconfig.

Taking advice from someone who still uses Win98 just causes everybody
problems.

Autoruns will not run on Win98, and is the program you need.

Keeps you out of the registry, and stops you from using a testing tool
MSCONFIG.
--

Motorcycle accident
http://flickr.com/photos/roentgenator/2450912496/

chuckcar

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>coaster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Taking advice from someone who still uses Win98 just causes everybody
> problems.

You mean worse than yours? quite an statement to make.

> Autoruns will not run on Win98, and is the program you need.
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx

Still you don't understand what startup is but you *insist* of having an
incorect opinion on it's usefulness. Pretty thick.

> Keeps you out of the registry, and stops you from using a testing tool
> MSCONFIG.

LOL *testing* tool? it's an integral part of windows that microsoft has
completely messed up in later versions of windows so badly that it became
virtually useless in XP.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Autoruns will not run on Win98, and is the program you need.
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx

>Still you don't understand what startup is but you *insist* of having an
>incorect opinion on it's usefulness. Pretty thick.

You've never run Autoruns and have no basic for a clue.

--

Proper Way To Take a Photograph
http://thehomebased.com/?p=153

chuckcar

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Autoruns will not run on Win98, and is the program you need.
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx

>>Still you don't understand what startup is but you *insist* of having an
>>incorect opinion on it's usefulness. Pretty thick.

> You've never run Autoruns and have no basic for a clue.

Please. It's just another buzzword Microsoft made up to made themselves
look like they actually have such things in control.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>>>Still you don't understand what startup is but you *insist* of having an
>>>incorect opinion on it's usefulness. Pretty thick.

>> You've never run Autoruns and have no basic for a clue.

>Please. It's just another buzzword Microsoft made up to made themselves
>look like they actually have such things in control.

Autoruns, Process Explorer, Process Monitor and many must haves at
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...s/default.aspx

Were not produced (programmed) by MicroSoft.

"The Sysinternals web site was created in 1996 by Mark Russinovich and
Bryce Cogswell to host their advanced system utilities and technical
information. Microsoft acquired Sysinternals in July, 2006."
http://www.sysinternals.com/ And hired Mark Russinovich at the same
time.

I still believe it was because of Autoruns (self view only no cite).

Autoruns will run perfectly under vista, but hasn't been updated for
vista, as if it were you could disable it's DRM. They hired Mark just
before the release of vista, and they waited 10 years.

Process Explorer is the only nonMS program mentioned in any of the
Microsoft support pages (that I have seen).

You might of read of Mark Russinovich, he's the one who found the Sony
rootkit.

Wow that's a lot to write to an idiot that can't read.
--

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>no basic for a clue.

woops basis
--

Darn I'm going to be a Canadian
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashrur.htm

hwf

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> no basic for a clue.

> woops basis

Ive never written anything in whoops basis...is it like M$ basis?

TIA