Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back?Realplayer, mns

Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back?Realplayer, mns

Sam

Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back? Any
programs out there to get rid of those programs like Realplayer, and
msn. I use PCforest Startman to disable them, but they keep coming
back. Thanks

chuckcar

Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back? Any
> programs out there to get rid of those programs like Realplayer, and
> msn. I use PCforest Startman to disable them, but they keep coming
> back. Thanks

Realplayer you disable from *within* realplayer. Otherwise any later time
you run it it will go back into startup. msconfig *comes* with windows and
therefore is the best solution esp. as it doesn't put *itself* in startup.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

olfart

"Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back? Any
> programs out there to get rid of those programs like Realplayer, and
> msn. I use PCforest Startman to disable them, but they keep coming
> back. Thanks

take a look at Startup Control Panel
www.mlin.net

Cork Soaker

chuckcar wrote:
> Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back? Any
>> programs out there to get rid of those programs like Realplayer, and
>> msn. I use PCforest Startman to disable them, but they keep coming
>> back. Thanks
>>

> Realplayer you disable from *within* realplayer. Otherwise any later time
> you run it it will go back into startup. msconfig *comes* with windows and
> therefore is the best solution esp. as it doesn't put *itself* in startup.

Write-protect the Run key. Always works here.

chuckcar

Cork Soaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar wrote:
>> Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back? Any
>>> programs out there to get rid of those programs like Realplayer, and
>>> msn. I use PCforest Startman to disable them, but they keep coming
>>> back. Thanks
>>>

>> Realplayer you disable from *within* realplayer. Otherwise any later
>> time you run it it will go back into startup. msconfig *comes* with
>> windows and therefore is the best solution esp. as it doesn't put
>> *itself* in startup.

> Write-protect the Run key. Always works here.

There's more than one and besides, it's not a file. Address the OP.
Regedit is a last resort for these people. There's too much chance of
fouling things up permanently.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Cork Soaker

chuckcar wrote:
> Cork Soaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>> Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Realplayer you disable from *within* realplayer. Otherwise any later
>>> time you run it it will go back into startup. msconfig *comes* with
>>> windows and therefore is the best solution esp. as it doesn't put
>>> *itself* in startup.

>> Write-protect the Run key. Always works here.
>>

> There's more than one and besides, it's not a file. Address the OP.
> Regedit is a last resort for these people. There's too much chance of
> fouling things up permanently.

There are two, and I know it's not a bloody file.

Write-protect the Run key(s).

richard

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:07:10 -0500, "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back? Any
>> programs out there to get rid of those programs like Realplayer, and
>> msn. I use PCforest Startman to disable them, but they keep coming
>> back. Thanks

>take a look at Startup Control Panel
>www.mlin.net

How do you control something when the internal coding of the program
tells windows, "Hey I've been activated again, put me on startup.".

It's done in the software many times.

chuckcar

Cork Soaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar wrote:
>> Cork Soaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Write-protect the Run key. Always works here.
>>>

>> There's more than one and besides, it's not a file. Address the OP.
>> Regedit is a last resort for these people. There's too much chance of
>> fouling things up permanently.

> There are two, and I know it's not a bloody file.

No, there's more than two. Bad idea. Aren't you a ray of sunshine! And
no *I* won't and neither should the OP.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back? Any
>programs out there to get rid of those programs like Realplayer, and
>msn. I use PCforest Startman to disable them, but they keep coming
>back. Thanks

I support and use Autoruns from this.

Fish Story
http://www.jeffbridges.com/fish.html

Cork Soaker

chuckcar wrote:
> Cork Soaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>> Cork Soaker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> There's more than one and besides, it's not a file. Address the OP.
>>> Regedit is a last resort for these people. There's too much chance of
>>> fouling things up permanently.

>> There are two, and I know it's not a bloody file.
>>

> No, there's more than two. Bad idea. Aren't you a ray of sunshine! And
> no *I* won't and neither should the OP.

You actually are a complete moron! You clearly have no idea how the
registry works, you pitiful fool.