Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Is it possible to share this type of connection?

Re: Is it possible to share this type of connection?

TehRabbitt

Kyote wrote:
> I'm needing to switch to Verizon Wireless USB broadband. Is it
> possible to share such a connection with the other computers on my
> home network?

It is possible, however it is against the Verizon Wireless ToS. If they
catch you doing this (by seeing a more than usual traffic amount coming
over your USB adapter) they can terminate your service and bill you
cancellation fees. If you wish to do this, Just install a regular
10/100 NIC in a desktop computer that will be "always-on" and plug the
USB adapter into that PC. set it up with NCS in windows so that it
bridges / shares the connection over to the Ethernet jack. then use a
crossover cable to connect the computer to a hub or switch so you can
share the connection. if you are looking to have wireless, you would
need a wireless access point, connect it to the switch as well, and
enjoy!. Again however this is in violation of the Verizon ToS and can
have your account terminated!

-TehRabbitt