Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Network Folder Exchange Problem

Network Folder Exchange Problem

Len Mattix

I have a very small, two computer network, at home with an interesting
problem. Both computers (desktop and laptop) see each other just fine. The
desktop is running Vista Ultimate and the laptop XP SP3. If I am at the
desktop I can "pull" any file from the laptop and copy onto the desktop.
This can also be done the other way around while at the laptop. However,
from either machine should I try to "push" a file to the other I get and
"Access Denied" message with no trasfer.

This did not seem to be a problem prior to XP's SP3 but can not be 100% sure
as I also re-installed Vista since the last time I tried using the network.
In my case the two systems are only networked on a limit basis to update
files from the desktop - primary to the laptop - backup for billing paying
and email. Also, the laptop is connected wirelessly and the desktop Cat 5
connected to same wireless router.

Amy thoughts or suggestions?

TIA, Len

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

I would check both permissions in the Sharing and Security. By default, it
is ready only.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net