Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Browser refreshing

Browser refreshing

David C

I have an aspx page that does a postback every 2 minutes. However, some
browsers are not getting the changed/updated information all the time. The
application builds 3 GridViews from different datasources (SQL Server). All
browsers are set to "check for new versions Automatically". Is there
anything I can do on the aspx page so that all users will get the same
result? This is an intranet application. Thanks.

David

Alexey Smirnov

On Nov 20, 9:03*pm, "David C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have an aspx page that does a postback every 2 minutes. *However, some
> browsers are not getting the changed/updated information all the time. *The
> application builds 3 GridViews from different datasources (SQL Server). *All
> browsers are set to "check for new versions Automatically". Is there
> anything I can do on the aspx page so that all users will get the same
> result? *This is an intranet application. *Thanks.
>
> David

Hi David

is this about IE6 only?

If yes, look at the following post
http://forums.asp.net/p/1334542/2685559.aspx

David C

Yes, I think so since all problem users have IE6. However, I looked at the
forum example and I'm not sure how to do what is suggested (use #none in the
href) as I am using the following Javascript that fires my LinkButton:

var dtoday = new Date();
var day = dtoday.getDay();
//if not Sunday or Saturday then do postback
if ((parseInt(day) != 0) && (parseInt(day) != 6))
{
//Refresh page every 120 seconds - 2 minutes
window.setTimeout("__doPostBack('LBtnRefresh', '')", 120000);
}
</script>

Thanks.
David