Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > two movie scenes from "it's a mad mad world"

two movie scenes from "it's a mad mad world"

richard

I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.

1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).

2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
the "big w".

If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
please?

Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.

thanks

Evan Platt

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:06:47 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.
>
>1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).
>
>2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
>the "big w".
>
>If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
>please?
>
>Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.

"Just for you asshole I'm gonna explain this so maybe you can
understand."

Yeah, I haven't forgotten.

I found both of the above in under 2 minutes, already on the net.

Find it yourself. You can do it.

Best of luck.

richard

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:29:18 -0800, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:06:47 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.
>>
>>1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).
>>
>>2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
>>the "big w".
>>
>>If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
>>please?
>>
>>Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.

>"Just for you asshole I'm gonna explain this so maybe you can
>understand."
>
>Yeah, I haven't forgotten.
>
>I found both of the above in under 2 minutes, already on the net.
>
>Find it yourself. You can do it.
>
>Best of luck.

Uh yep. And using google, you get tons of references to the group "mad
men" which has nothing to do with the movie theme other than having
the same name. Which in turn, gives a you a zillion hits of totally
unrelated crap.

I'm not looking for the full length movie. Just the two clips.
I've found a few dozen sites that have screen shots of various parts,
but not the scenes I want.

I even tried dogpile and they couldn't come up with any relevant hits
either.

The main problem with search engines is, they rely to much on hitting
on just one single word, and all of it's offshoots, way to much.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:27:33 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Uh yep. And using google, you get tons of references to the group "mad
>men" which has nothing to do with the movie theme other than having
>the same name. Which in turn, gives a you a zillion hits of totally
>unrelated crap.
>
>I'm not looking for the full length movie. Just the two clips.
>I've found a few dozen sites that have screen shots of various parts,
>but not the scenes I want.
>
>I even tried dogpile and they couldn't come up with any relevant hits
>either.
>

>The main problem with search engines is, they rely to much on hitting
>on just one single word, and all of it's offshoots, way to much.

Nowhere did I mention Google, did I?

Try Usenet. Both the movie, and the soundtrack are on Usenet.

Yes, you'll need to download the movie the extract the scenes you
want.

richard

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Evan Platt says...

>On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:27:33 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Uh yep. And using google, you get tons of references to the group "mad
>>men" which has nothing to do with the movie theme other than having
>>the same name. Which in turn, gives a you a zillion hits of totally
>>unrelated crap.
>>
>>I'm not looking for the full length movie. Just the two clips.
>>I've found a few dozen sites that have screen shots of various parts,
>>but not the scenes I want.
>>
>>I even tried dogpile and they couldn't come up with any relevant hits
>>either.
>>

>>The main problem with search engines is, they rely to much on hitting
>>on just one single word, and all of it's offshoots, way to much.

>Nowhere did I mention Google, did I?
>
>Try Usenet. Both the movie, and the soundtrack are on Usenet.
>
>Yes, you'll need to download the movie the extract the scenes you
>want.

Thanks to my supplier, they have added a neat search feature. It only took a few
seconds to look through 80,000 newsgroups. Thanks to that, I was able to find
the mp3 that I had requested in one group. Agent overlooked it. So now I've got
that and I'm waiting on agent to download the headers for the movie group.

Evan Platt

On 19 Nov 2008 20:39:07 -0800, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thanks to my supplier, they have added a neat search feature. It only took a few
>seconds to look through 80,000 newsgroups. Thanks to that, I was able to find
>the mp3 that I had requested in one group. Agent overlooked it. So now I've got
>that and I'm waiting on agent to download the headers for the movie group.

Shemes.com offers Grabit Usenet search. Very useful.

And if you know that your song is from say the 60's, you can narrow
your search down to oh say 5-10 groups even without a search.

richard

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:18:52 -0800, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On 19 Nov 2008 20:39:07 -0800, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Thanks to my supplier, they have added a neat search feature. It only took a few
>>seconds to look through 80,000 newsgroups. Thanks to that, I was able to find
>>the mp3 that I had requested in one group. Agent overlooked it. So now I've got
>>that and I'm waiting on agent to download the headers for the movie group.

>Shemes.com offers Grabit Usenet search. Very useful.
>
>And if you know that your song is from say the 60's, you can narrow
>your search down to oh say 5-10 groups even without a search.

Well after seeing just the basic info on the file available, no
thanks.

I'm not wasting my time downloading a 2 1/2 hour long movie just to
get a couple of scenes. So I'll see if I can buy a copy or rent one
somewhere.

Evan Platt

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:45:28 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Well after seeing just the basic info on the file available, no
>thanks.

Start download.
Go to sleep.
Wake up, download done.

Suit yourself...

sandy58

richard

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:39:51 -0800 (PST), sandy58
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Nov 20, 1:06*am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.
>>
>> 1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).
>>
>> 2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
>> the "big w".
>>
>> If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
>> please?
>>
>> Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.
>>
>> thanks

>The whole movie?
>Download:
>
>CD1:
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264690...ld_1.part1.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264697...ld_1.part2.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264865...ld_1.part3.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264912...ld_1.part4.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264907...ld_1.part5.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264864...ld_1.part6.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264693...ld_1.part7.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264671...ld_1.part8.rar
>
>CD2:
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264681...ld_2.part1.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264682...ld_2.part2.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264685...ld_2.part3.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264684...ld_2.part4.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264691...ld_2.part5.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264686...ld_2.part6.rar
>http://rapidshare.com/files/13264890...ld_2.part7.rar
>
>(for un-rar)
>Password:
>shadowfawkes

Thanks. Only problem is, free user gets one file download and that's
it so I wasted my time.