Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...mployees-vista

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!

Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!

So are these companies going to follow general advise
and start installing Linux to increase
productivity and will staff demand more Linux
to regain some of their pay and productivity back?

http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com

Tony

Well i'll be arsed if i know why anyone would use vista. I see reading the comments on
the web page a few wankers did reply one by the name of Mike *dimwitted* or *dimbulb*
Dimmick. This silly **** purports that vista actually boots and shuts down faster than
windows XP. I guess he sits on the crapper when it boots and shits (grammatical error
shuts) down.
He's his statement:
Should hold IT over the coals
Vista bootup times should be *shorter* than XP, and in my experience are. A 20-minute
bootup time is a configuration error, not an inherent Vista problem.

IT organisations should repave any system that arrives with Vista preinstalled. The
OEMs are screwing it up, badly.
posted by : Mike Dimmick, 19 November 2008

Note the word "shorter" on the web page has asterisks around it. Could Mike Dimmick be
Chuckcar?

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the realm
of understandability

John Holmes

Tony "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> 7 wrote:
>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...irms-charge-em
>> ployees-vista
>>
>> BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
>>
>> PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
>>
>> Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!
>>
>> So are these companies going to follow general advise
>> and start installing Linux to increase
>> productivity and will staff demand more Linux
>> to regain some of their pay and productivity back?
>>
>> http://www.livecdlist.com
>> http://www.distrowatch.com

> Well i'll be arsed if i know why anyone would use vista. I see reading
> the comments on the web page a few wankers did reply one by the name
> of Mike *dimwitted* or *dimbulb* Dimmick. This silly **** purports
> that vista actually boots and shuts down faster than windows XP. I
> guess he sits on the crapper when it boots and shits (grammatical
> error shuts) down.
> He's his statement:
> Should hold IT over the coals
> Vista bootup times should be *shorter* than XP, and in my experience
> are. A 20-minute bootup time is a configuration error, not an inherent
> Vista problem.
>
> IT organisations should repave any system that arrives with Vista
> preinstalled. The OEMs are screwing it up, badly.
> posted by : Mike Dimmick, 19 November 2008
>
> Note the word "shorter" on the web page has asterisks around it. Could
> Mike Dimmick be Chuckcar?

I have a Toshiba laptop dual booting XP and Vista. XP boots into the
desktop in exactly 16 seconds, where Vista takes more then 2 minutes.
Vista is a joke.

--
<snip>

Clogwog

"7" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:5qZUk.99292$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...mployees-vista
>

> BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

http://www.asrock.com/feature/instantboot/index.asp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BucIjXZVxXo
"7" might be forced to make cd coasters from his live CD's
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_uKGjGPQUWZI/R7...aircut+009.jpg
ROFL MAO! LOL ! ROFL MAO! LOL ! ROFL MAO! LOL ! ROFL MAO! LOL !

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...mployees-vista
>

>BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
>

>PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
>
>Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!

It's funny, but I did try to find another source for story, I didn't;
but I found this gem

"How, after 8 years of research, with processor and RAM exponentially
more powerful, does a software company manage to actually slow down an
operating system?" http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=43700

--

Fish'n
http://funniez.net/Latest/bloody-red-sea.html

richard

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:03:28 +0000, 7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...mployees-vista
>

>BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
>

>PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
>
>Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!
>
>So are these companies going to follow general advise
>and start installing Linux to increase
>productivity and will staff demand more Linux
>to regain some of their pay and productivity back?
>
>http://www.livecdlist.com
>http://www.distrowatch.com

20 minutes to boot up? You need to defrag and clean the registry.
Both my laptop and tower take less than 5 minutes to fully bootup.

If my employer told me I won't be paid unless the OS was fully
operational, then I'd tell him he can find another body to sit at my
desk and wait on his damn slow system.

Then take his ass to court for breach of contract. I was hired to be
paid starting at a specific time, ending at a specific time.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:39:11 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>20 minutes to boot up? You need to defrag and clean the registry.
>Both my laptop and tower take less than 5 minutes to fully bootup.

Good for you. I put my systems into standby or hibernation. Takes less
than a minute to come back up.

>If my employer told me I won't be paid unless the OS was fully
>operational, then I'd tell him he can find another body to sit at my
>desk and wait on his damn slow system.

LOL.. Your boss would be better off.

>Then take his ass to court for breach of contract. I was hired to be
>paid starting at a specific time, ending at a specific time.

So.. You were hired to be paid starting at a specific time right? So
what happens if you're late? Can he take your ass to court?

In all honesty, your boss is paying you to WORK.

If you think about it, most companies are pretty generous. They're
paying you to WORK.

But how many people come in, go make some coffee, talk by the water
cooler, go to the restroom, etc - all on the company dime?

Think about it.

Roy Schestowitz

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Roy Schestowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>____/ (E-Mail Removed) on Wednesday 19 November 2008 21:26 : \____

>> 7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...mployees-vista
>>>

>>>BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
>>>

>>>PISTIFICATION HAS REACHED NEW HEIGHTS!!!!
>>>
>>>Please SOMEBODY tell me this can't true!!!

>> It's funny, but I did try to find another source for story, I didn't;
>> but I found this gem
>>
>> "How, after 8 years of research, with processor and RAM exponentially
>> more powerful, does a software company manage to actually slow down an
>> operating system?" http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=43700

>Unpaid time while Vista boots results in lawsuits
>
>http://www.electronista.com/articles...times.lawsuit/
>

>Does Your Boss Have to Pay You While You Wait for Vista to Boot Up?
>
>http://macnn.com/rd/116001==http://t...boss-have.html

I didn't look that hard :} it was from the theinquirer.net and I
thought a humor piece.

I still use XP (Game player) and will use that OS as long as possible.

While owning vista has never crossed my mind (DRM and it's support of
DRM); This is the first time I'd heard that vista took so long to
load.

--

Cheerleaders... Practicing
http://i34.tinypic.com/dr8crb.jpg

Conor

John Holmes wrote:

> I have a Toshiba laptop dual booting XP and Vista. XP boots into the
> desktop in exactly 16 seconds, where Vista takes more then 2 minutes.
> Vista is a joke.

Who the **** shuts down a computer? Haven't you heard of power
management? I've shut my laptop down for months. I just stick it on
Standby. Over 12 hours, it'll use maybe 10% of the battery.

--
Conor

"Some of you may be anxious about finding a new job, or a new place to
live. I know how you feel." President Bush, 2008