Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > setting computer clock

setting computer clock

wf3h

I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.

any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
really set the clock?

thanks all

Kyote

On Nov 18, 9:21*pm, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
> setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
> disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.
>
> any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
> really set the clock?
>
> thanks all

The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
location to do it and it works great also.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

I hope this helps you Mate.

- Bobb -

"Kyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Nov 18, 9:21 pm, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
> setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
> disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.
>
> any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
> really set the clock?
>
> thanks all

Not sure if widget or time server question ...
XP clock change in lower right ?

usno has a list of NTP servers: I use MIT's - works fine - autoupdates once
a week - no widget just XP clock. If widget issue - use Vista newsgroup

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ntp.html

wf3h

On Nov 19, 7:58*am, Kyote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 9:21*pm, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
> > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
> > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.

> > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
> > really set the clock?

> > thanks all

> The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
> location to do it and it works great also.
>
> http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/
>
> I hope this helps you Mate.

this looks like a great program but it looks like i've disabled my
windows time service and can't get it enabled again...any ideas? i've
searched the net but there seems to be little on it.

wf3h

On Nov 19, 7:58*am, Kyote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 9:21*pm, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
> > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
> > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.

> > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
> > really set the clock?

> > thanks all

> The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
> location to do it and it works great also.
>
> http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/
>
> I hope this helps you Mate.

well i got the w32time started enabled again. but i keep getting an
error when trying to connect to a time server. i turned off the
firewall but that made no difference....

wf3h

On Nov 19, 7:58*am, Kyote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 9:21*pm, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I use 'dimension 4' widget to get the time from the USNO. it says it's
> > setting my computer clock but the display doesn't change. i've
> > disabled the windows time synch program 'cuz it's useless.

> > any idea about how to set my clock using an NNTP program and have it
> > really set the clock?

> > thanks all

> The Win Xp time sync works for me but I used to use the app at this
> location to do it and it works great also.
>
> http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/
>
> I hope this helps you Mate.

got it...it's running perfectly. updates when i want it to...had to
set port 123 in firewall...and restart w32time function in registry...

good job...thanks