Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Computer shuts down when trying to detect wireless network.

Computer shuts down when trying to detect wireless network.

Jamedare

-- I have Windows XP on my HP dv1000 laptop. At our old address I could
access our wireless network. We recently moved and had a ATT network
installed. My laptop now shuts off if I have my networking card on; if the
network card is off, the computer boots fine and stays on until I turn on my
wireless detector-the the computer immediately shuts down. Any suggestions?
Thank you, Jamedare

smlunatick

On Nov 18, 11:29*pm, Jamedare <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> -- I have Windows XP on my HP dv1000 laptop. At our old address I could
> access our wireless network. We recently moved and had a ATT network
> installed. My laptop now shuts off if I have my networking card on; if the
> network card is off, the computer boots fine and stays on until I turn on my
> wireless detector-the the computer immediately shuts down. Any suggestions?
> Thank you, Jamedare

Head over to HP's support web site and download the updated wireless
network card (aka adapter) drivers.