Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to find application assemblies?

How to find application assemblies?

John Smith

I have an asp.net application in which I have a child assembly that
references a parent assembly. Using reflection, in the parent I need to
create an instance of a class in the child assembly. In order to do this I
believe I need to get the absolute path of the child assembly dll (because
the parent does not reference the child) but I am unable to so. Part of the
problem is that asp.net seems to run dlls from cached copies, and each
cached dll copy is placed in its own temporary folder.

Can someone please point me the way out of this problem? TIA