Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Diverting incoming VOIP to voicemail (Sipgate/Gigaset setup)

Diverting incoming VOIP to voicemail (Sipgate/Gigaset setup)

Lobster

I'm currently using a new Siemens Gigaset S685IP phone in conjunction
with a standard landline and VOIP connection (for which I'm using Sipgate).

Now, I'd like to organise this so that any incoming calls made to the
VOIP number just go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing -
ideally to Sipgate's service which then emails me with a notification,
but to the handset's built-in one would be fine, too.

I still want to be able to make outgoing calls via the Sipgate account
though, and I want to be able to answer all incoming calls on the
landline normally.

Is there any way of doing this? If so, I'm not sure whether it's a
function of the handset or the VOIP account... if I knew that I could
consult the relevant helpdesk!

Thanks
David

Don

In news:OmyUk.3$(E-Mail Removed)2,
Lobster <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> I'm currently using a new Siemens Gigaset S685IP phone in conjunction
> with a standard landline and VOIP connection (for which I'm using
> Sipgate).
> Now, I'd like to organise this so that any incoming calls made to the
> VOIP number just go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing -
> ideally to Sipgate's service which then emails me with a notification,
> but to the handset's built-in one would be fine, too.
>
> I still want to be able to make outgoing calls via the Sipgate account
> though, and I want to be able to answer all incoming calls on the
> landline normally.
>
> Is there any way of doing this? If so, I'm not sure whether it's a
> function of the handset or the VOIP account... if I knew that I could
> consult the relevant helpdesk!
>
> Thanks
> David

Log in to your Sipgate account at https://secure.sipgate.co.uk
Select SETTINGS just below your name in the top right
Select the second VOICEMAIL tab
Select CONFIGURE CALL FORWARDING blue button
When ringing no answer, select IMMEDIATELY from drop down menu, forward to
VOICEMAIL
Tick the box "also applies to 'busy' and 'offline'"
Then select SAVE blue button.

HTH
--

Don

Lobster

Don wrote:
> In news:OmyUk.3$(E-Mail Removed)2,
> Lobster <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>> I'm currently using a new Siemens Gigaset S685IP phone in conjunction
>> with a standard landline and VOIP connection (for which I'm using
>> Sipgate).
>> Now, I'd like to organise this so that any incoming calls made to the
>> VOIP number just go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing -
>> ideally to Sipgate's service which then emails me with a notification,
>> but to the handset's built-in one would be fine, too.
>>
>> I still want to be able to make outgoing calls via the Sipgate account
>> though, and I want to be able to answer all incoming calls on the
>> landline normally.
>>
>> Is there any way of doing this? If so, I'm not sure whether it's a
>> function of the handset or the VOIP account... if I knew that I could
>> consult the relevant helpdesk!

> Log in to your Sipgate account at https://secure.sipgate.co.uk
> Select SETTINGS just below your name in the top right
> Select the second VOICEMAIL tab
> Select CONFIGURE CALL FORWARDING blue button
> When ringing no answer, select IMMEDIATELY from drop down menu, forward to
> VOICEMAIL
> Tick the box "also applies to 'busy' and 'offline'"
> Then select SAVE blue button.

Excellent, thanks - that's just what I was after.
I had looked through my Sipgate account the other day for this, but I
think I must have missed the 'configure call forwarding' button or
something!

David