Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Albatron 7800GTX

Albatron 7800GTX

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Quote: Without a doubt, the 7800GTX offers the best performance possible from a single video card at this point in time. While it certainly costs a lot of money, those who can afford it won't be disappointed. I look forward to the day when Albatron releases a model that has their Cold Fusion (Wise Fan III + Heat Pipe Technology) cooler! With hope, we should be seeing something new from Albatron in the very near future.
Link: http://www.overclockersonline.com/in...ticles&num=306

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Now just imagine it in SLI. Whoo boy!

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

To start with you can see some other cards keeping up in HL2 @ 1024x768 but as soon as you up the res or add AA or AF then all the others fall behind and the 7800 remains strong. I think they did well with this card, VERY well. I just wish I could afford one
I used to be an ATi fan boi but Nvidia have really impressed me lately so now I try not to be so biased in my opinions.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

It's an ongoing battle, ATI will get on track in Q4 or maybe late Q3, just in time for the Xmas battle and have something to compete with this. But will it be better? From what I've read about ATI's next card it doesn't look like it will. In fact, I wasn't impressed with the X800XT vs. the 6800 Ultra either. They were close but that SLI capability pushed the NVidia board over the top IMHO.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i sam slow but i read it i dont understand what IMHO means

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

in my honest opinion

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

right thanks

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Common internet lingo there Un. Could also mean "Humble" opinion.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

humble/honest gotcha...