Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip recommendation

Voip recommendation

Carl Waring

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gfrhkt$jn3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Carl Waring" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5fbUk.56749$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> Also, I have a Vonage adapter here from when I tried their service. I
>> assume it will be 'locked' to them? Any way to easily 'unlock' it?

> If your Vonage ATA is a Linksys PAP2 from the days when
> you could get them at Comet and PC World, then I did
> manage to unlock one, its still going strong, but my understanding
> is it's only successful if it's never been exposed to the internet
> prior to unlocking.

Well that's that idea blown then. I got my on a free trial from Vonage
themselves

Is it worth putting on Ebay?

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide:

Soruk

On 2008-11-20, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:gg3cko$gpv$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>> With ALL the betamax clone companies you get free minutes everytime you
>> top up your account.

> Hmm ... not sure about ALL ....
>
> I opened an Intervoip account a couple of months or so ago (for cheap calls
> to mobiles) and didn't get ANY free days.

True, same here. I got that as it was the best rate to Estonia Mobile,
and pretty good for UK mobile too, leaving my Voipcheap.com credit for
normal landlines once the freedays ran out.

> I know there is some variation between the various betamax clones regarding
> the number of free days given (e.g. 90, 120), but it seems there is at least
> 1 where you don't get any free days.

Who is offering the 120 days?

Carl Waring

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> [Betamax] It's not a term, but the name of the company.

>> I know that. What I don't know is why is it used in VOIP?

> See my reply to you 19/11/08 08:05

Ahh, right. I did click on the link and just thought it was a list of
referenced to the word. My apologies for not looking deeper into it.

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide:
Full: http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495
Web-based: http://getdigiguide.com/?p=3&r=1495

Graham.

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:gg3cko$gpv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Carl Waring wrote:
>
>> Graham. wrote:
>>> Here is an excellent Betamax comparison site,
>>> http://www.backsla.sh/betamax
>>>

>> Which goes on to compare VOIP pricing. I assume I just mis-understood
>> then
>> and the owner of that site just used "betamax" as a random directory name
>> or
>> something?

> Nope. Betamax is one company which re-generates it's self as all those
> "companies" listed on the site.
>
> If you visit them you will see a similarity right through the sites.

And a username registered on one, canot be used on another.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Soruk

On 2008-11-21, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Maybe I should have checked out Intervoip a bit more carefully before
> opening my account!

I opened mine knowing it had no freedays, but I've also set my VoIP
switch to only route UK Mobile and Estonia Mobile calls through that
route. Most others go through voipcheap.com.