Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Printer sharing on Network

Printer sharing on Network

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZXkgQm95?=

I am tryi ng to set up my printer to print from my laptop over a network at
home.

The printer is set to be shared over a network and can bee seen on the
network.

It is connected to the main PC via the USB port and I can print from that
fine.

The laptop is joined to the network via a wireless link and if I send a
print job from there, it shows in the print queue on the relevant icon on the
desktop PC but it refuses to actually print.

Any help please

Brit W. [MS]

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZXkgQm95?= <Davey http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am tryi ng to set up my printer to print from my laptop over a
> network at home.
>
> The printer is set to be shared over a network and can bee seen on the
> network.
>
> It is connected to the main PC via the USB port and I can print from
> that fine.
>
> The laptop is joined to the network via a wireless link and if I send
> a print job from there, it shows in the print queue on the relevant
> icon on the desktop PC but it refuses to actually print.
>
> Any help please

I'm not really an expert on printing, but you could try these three things:

1) Check to make sure that printer name is 13 characters (letters/numbers), or
less, with NO SPACES in, before, or after the name.

2) Install (or reinstall) the printer drivers (for your printer) on the
laptop.

3) Go to "Control Panel" then "Printer and Faxes. Delete, then reinstall ("Add
Printer") the printer.

--
Brit Weston, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.