Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IBM Mediocrity--Oh The Memories...

IBM Mediocrity--Oh The Memories...

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Hard to believe how bad the early IBM PCs were. And even harder to understand why so many people went for them, turning the PC industry into what it is today.

<http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=1296>

By the way, that inability to install WordStar because of supposed "insufficient memory" on a 640KiB machine, well above the minimum requirements? I hit that, and figured out how to work around it. I've been railing against wanton signed-integer comparisons ever since...