Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Scrolling in datagrid.

Scrolling in datagrid.

Saravana [MVP]

Check out this article,
http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/...leDataGridWebS
erverControl.aspx

--
Saravana
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

"Rajesh.V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how to scroll the items only of the datagrid. The header
> should remain there, and the rows should scroll. I saw an article by Dino
> Eposito, in aspnetpro but its for members only.
>
> Rajesh

Patrick Dahmen

If it has to work in IE only, you can just enclose the datagrid within a div
tag

<DIV STYLE="overflow-x;hidden; overflow-y:auto" >
everything nested within this tag is scrollable...
</DIV>

i hope that helped

patrick dahmen

"Rajesh.V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Saravana,
>
> I thought of the solution u had presented, but it will not work if the
> column width keeps varying slightly due to the data. While testing the
> column lines to align is very difficult, u wud have to be very sure of the
> data. So i cant use it.
>
> "Saravana [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Check out this article,

http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/...leDataGridWebS
> > erverControl.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Saravana
> > Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET
> > www.extremeexperts.com
> >

> > "Rajesh.V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Does anyone know how to scroll the items only of the datagrid. The

> header
> > > should remain there, and the rows should scroll. I saw an article by

> Dino
> > > Eposito, in aspnetpro but its for members only.
> > >
> > > Rajesh

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The new Web Matrix ships with an IFrame control, if you are targeting
Internet Explorer. Download it, and you can use the assemblies in Visual
Studio .NET. NOTE: You will have to deploy the assemblies to production to
get it to work there.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
"Rajesh.V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how to scroll the items only of the datagrid. The header
> should remain there, and the rows should scroll. I saw an article by Dino
> Eposito, in aspnetpro but its for members only.
>
> Rajesh

Patrick Dahmen

Ouch i am sorry.
"Rajesh.V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Patrick,
>
> But the header of the grid also scrolls.... header shud be frozen.
>

> "Patrick Dahmen" <p.dahmen@(nospam)e-llusions.de> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If it has to work in IE only, you can just enclose the datagrid within a

> div
> > tag
> >
> > <DIV STYLE="overflow-x;hidden; overflow-y:auto" >
> > everything nested within this tag is scrollable...
> > </DIV>
> >
> > i hope that helped
> >
> > patrick dahmen
> >
> > "Rajesh.V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Saravana,
> > >
> > > I thought of the solution u had presented, but it will not work if the
> > > column width keeps varying slightly due to the data. While testing the
> > > column lines to align is very difficult, u wud have to be very sure of

> the
> > > data. So i cant use it.
> > >
> > > "Saravana [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/...leDataGridWebS

> > > header

> by
> > > Dino

Rajesh.V

Does anyone know how to scroll the items only of the datagrid. The header
should remain there, and the rows should scroll. I saw an article by Dino
Eposito, in aspnetpro but its for members only.

Rajesh

Rajesh.V

Saravana,

I thought of the solution u had presented, but it will not work if the
column width keeps varying slightly due to the data. While testing the
column lines to align is very difficult, u wud have to be very sure of the
data. So i cant use it.

"Saravana [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check out this article,

http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/...leDataGridWebS
> erverControl.aspx
>
> --
> Saravana
> Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET
> www.extremeexperts.com
>

> "Rajesh.V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know how to scroll the items only of the datagrid. The

header
> > should remain there, and the rows should scroll. I saw an article by

Dino
> > Eposito, in aspnetpro but its for members only.
> >
> > Rajesh

Rajesh.V