Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Avery Dennison Design Pro

Avery Dennison Design Pro

Lindsay

I wish somebody would tell me why I can download Avery DesignPro, (any of
several versions) and yet the program fails to install properly. I always
get errors (which will be sent to Microsoft, of course) which say that the
installation failed. When I look in Internet Explorer for the downloaded
files, there is no .exe to be found for DesignPro. I have been trying for
months to download and install DesignPro for PC on my HP630n using XP. No, I
am not downloading Design Pro for MAC.

thanatoid

"Lindsay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:aCrTk.4540$(E-Mail Removed):

> I wish somebody would tell me why I can download Avery
> DesignPro, (any of several versions) and yet the program
> fails to install properly. I always get errors (which will
> be sent to Microsoft, of course) which say that the
> installation failed. When I look in Internet Explorer for
> the downloaded files, there is no .exe to be found for
> DesignPro. I have been trying for months to download and
> install DesignPro for PC on my HP630n using XP. No, I am
> not downloading Design Pro for MAC.

Not an answer to your question, but as usual, the way /I/ do
things.

I do not rely on ANYBODY'S templates, even if they are made by
the same company that makes the paper (sticky paper in this
case, though not necessarily). In fact I do not even install
templates when I install a DTP or such program.

I make my own templates. It takes a few minutes with a good
ruler (If you have 2 or more rulers of different brands around,
compare them. You may be surprised.) and another few minutes
placing non-printing horiz and vert guide-lines in InDesign.
Then some test prints, some holding things against a strong
light, and you're done.

Also, some printers grab paper /very slightly/ differently than
others making the pre-designed templates useless or at best in
need of adjustments.

Once you have made the most complicated one (don't forget about
"group objects/copy" and "multiple copy with offsets"), you can
easily modify it.

Unless you are making semicircular labels for super bizarre
reel-to-reel obsolete video tape formats or something, it's
nothing you can't handle.

I guarantee the templates will be more accurate - if you do a
good job.

--
"May you live in interesting times."
(curse, origin disputed)

hwأf

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:47:49 -0500, Lindsay aided th' terraists with the
following claims :

> I wish somebody would tell me why I can download Avery DesignPro, (any of
> several versions) and yet the program fails to install properly. I always
> get errors (which will be sent to Microsoft, of course) which say that the
> installation failed. When I look in Internet Explorer for the downloaded
> files, there is no .exe to be found for DesignPro. I have been trying for
> months to download and install DesignPro for PC on my HP630n using XP. No, I
> am not downloading Design Pro for MAC.

Your AV proggy might be the issue here.
What kinda anti virus program do ya use?
Turn the sucker off and then try to install?
Or try to install yer softwares from control panel.

NOW SMASH KEYBORD.

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm