Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > formatting in a card reader

formatting in a card reader

carl carl is offline
Junior Member
Location: chester/cheshire/uk

hello there

by default in windows xp it will try to format any memory card of 64mb or higher capacity, to (fat 32)

I have been told that flash cards need to be 16 bit format, but if widows xp tries to format the card in a 32bit format i should not let it

so where do i go from here if it will not let me.

this is just for information only, if i ever come to do this.

thanks for any of your replys