Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > "View Workgroup Computers" Freezes +more.

"View Workgroup Computers" Freezes +more.

LORD_OF_WAR LORD_OF_WAR is offline
Junior Member

I am trying to setup my home network. I have a Dell laptop e1705 and a custom rig. Both machines are running XP PRO w/ SP3. I ran the Network setup Wiz. They are both on the same workgroup. Now here is my problem. Now every time I go to My Network Places then click on View Workgroup Commuters that window freezes. I have let it run for over an hour to see if it would find something, but it just froze. So I attempted to search (via windows search) for all computers on the network. As soon as I click search it to Freezes and does not respond.

The laptop is wireless and the desktop is wired. Any ideas or do you need any more information?

Thanks in advance,
Eric