Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can't get left menu column aligned properly

Can't get left menu column aligned properly

topguy

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
whole thing.

Help!!! yes it does validate...

rf

"topguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:491ce93a$0$7525$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

What is it supposed to look like?

> No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
> whole thing.

That does not describe whatever problem you are having. Do you want a gap or
do you *not* want a gap? What are you "widening"? An example of how it is
screwed up would help.

> Help!!! yes it does validate...

Then why are there 8 CSS errors?

Els

topguy wrote:

> http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html
>
> No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
> whole thing.

It would help if you explained what you want.

> Help!!! yes it does validate...

That's a good start

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

dorayme

In article
topguy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html
>
> No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
> whole thing.

How can there be a gap between a menu and a human attempt to do
something which screws up something? Is this a Google translation of
something that reads sensible in your language perhaps? It has screwed
up. If not, maybe try a Google translation. <g>

I assume that the background image "back_all.gif" is carefully made as
you want and it delivers a white gap at least at the top of your
horizontal menu on some browsers? It cannot deliver the bottom tiny
white as discrete line or blue because you have over-ridden backgrounds
under the horizontal menu.

Perhaps what you are wanting is a gap between the horizontal menu and
the vertical menu? Look to putting a top margin on your #menul

(Your design is particularly obscure around the vertical block menu on
the left. It is not clear what your aesthetic aims are. Your CSS could
do with a good going over to simplify and rmove poor practices like px
and points for font sizes...)

--
dorayme

topguy

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <491ce93a$0$7525$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> topguy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html
>>
>> No gap between top menu and any attempt to widen slightly screwing up
>> whole thing.
>>

> How can there be a gap between a menu and a human attempt to do
> something which screws up something? Is this a Google translation of
> something that reads sensible in your language perhaps? It has screwed
> up. If not, maybe try a Google translation. <g>
>
> I assume that the background image "back_all.gif" is carefully made as
> you want and it delivers a white gap at least at the top of your
> horizontal menu on some browsers? It cannot deliver the bottom tiny
> white as discrete line or blue because you have over-ridden backgrounds
> under the horizontal menu.
>
> Perhaps what you are wanting is a gap between the horizontal menu and
> the vertical menu? Look to putting a top margin on your #menul
>
> (Your design is particularly obscure around the vertical block menu on
> the left. It is not clear what your aesthetic aims are. Your CSS could
> do with a good going over to simplify and rmove poor practices like px
> and points for font sizes...)

I'm trying to modify that template

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kub...ven/index.html

change into that one with small div on right for a menu and div right
fluid or static for a text.

So far it seems to be a mission impossible. Maybe because I'm trying to
copy some not well made previous css for menu etc.

Even a footer is going to the left!

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

Help! It's just for my private hobby project!

TIA

topguy

Actually I've fixed my menu

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html

but for some reason I don't have control over <div id="content">

topguy

topguy wrote:
> Actually I've fixed my menu
>
> http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/met/index-n.html
>
> but for some reason I don't have control over <div id="content">

Found more problems. Now is all fixed!

Many thanks dorayme for your time and hints.

Dynamic Menu Items is not right aligned with Right to Left documen =?Utf-8?B?QmlzaG95?= ASP .Net 0 12-28-2006 11:39 AM
Properly aligned dynamic buffer Spoon C++ 9 12-28-2006 10:11 AM
Bullets overlapping image aligned to left ComputerSnack HTML 7 04-13-2006 01:57 AM
left-right-center aligned mre HTML 2 03-10-2005 07:21 PM
H1 header: left or center aligned DU HTML 8 10-08-2003 07:05 AM

Advertisments