Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to detect bluetooth devices in range with WSALookupServiceBegin/Next (and not all remembered deveices)

How to detect bluetooth devices in range with WSALookupServiceBegin/Next (and not all remembered deveices)

Chris G

Hi,

My Problem:
WSALookupServiceNext returns all remembered devices and not only the ones
that are in range.

I use
WSALookupServiceBegin
and
WSALookupServiceNext
to retrieve the bluetooth devices.

This works fine. I see all devices that have already been paired with my
computer (WinXP, Microsoft BT stack) and all devices in range that are not
paired.

But how can I see, whether a device that has been paired and is in range or
not?

WSALookupServiceNext returns all remembered devices, though I cannot see
whether any of these devices is in range or not.

I tried a many different flag settings, e.g. LUP_CONTAINERS or
LUP_CONTAINERS | LUP_FLUSHCACHE or LUP_CONTAINERS | LUP_RETURN_ALL |
LUP_FLUSHCACHE

But no success. Always all remembered devices are returned ragardless they
are in range or not, and I did not see any flag in WSAQuerySet or
dwOutputFlags or lpBlob that might indicated that.

any idea?
thank you, Chris