Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > View State is Invalid

View State is Invalid

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGUgQS4=?=

We are experiencing the invalid viewstate error on our pages. Considering the sheer number of people complaining of this problem, I hope a patch is on the way... SOON. Here are the details:

Both server and clients are running Framework 1.1.
We are in a single-server environment.
We have tried the TemplateSourceDirectory fix, the machineCode fix, and the EnableViewStateMac="false" fix.
We have restarted our server and our clients.

Nothing has worked.

Please help,
~ Michelle A.

Alvin Bruney

what do your application event logs say about the process? frequent
restarts? error conditions?
"Michelle A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> We are experiencing the invalid viewstate error on our pages. Considering

the sheer number of people complaining of this problem, I hope a patch is on
the way... SOON. Here are the details:

> Both server and clients are running Framework 1.1.
> We are in a single-server environment.
> We have tried the TemplateSourceDirectory fix, the machineCode fix, and

the EnableViewStateMac="false" fix.
> We have restarted our server and our clients.
>
> Nothing has worked.
>
> Please help,
> ~ Michelle A.

Michelle A.

I have not had any errors in the error log regarding
ASP.NET, other than a few about Perf. Counters. My state
server service was not loading due to a bad logon account,
which I have since fixed. I tried switching to
StateServer instead of InProc session management, but to
no avail. I have also reinstalled .NetFramework 1.1 + SP2.

Thank you for your help,

~ Michelle A.

Alvin Bruney

it's not necessarily an error, you need to look for recycle events which, i
think, are information not errors.
"Michelle A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:113c01c393ec$f9d9eec0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have not had any errors in the error log regarding
> ASP.NET, other than a few about Perf. Counters. My state
> server service was not loading due to a bad logon account,
> which I have since fixed. I tried switching to
> StateServer instead of InProc session management, but to
> no avail. I have also reinstalled .NetFramework 1.1 + SP2.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> ~ Michelle A.

Kiko +

Our users are also having a problem with View State being invalid. I'm not
sure, but we suspect that it might be the documented bug for load-balanced
web servers running on Framework 1.0 (even after SP2 installed).

Microsoft KB tells of a hotfix that can be applied but we're not comfortable
with a quick fix. And I don't think using Framework 1.1 will remove the
bug. Did anyone encounter this bug and remove it too? Is the hotfix
reliable?

As reference, here's the KB article about the bug and fix:

By the way, I don't recall Framework version 1.1 having an official SP (as
mentioned below) already released. Is there?

Thanks.

Kiko

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:OVSJy$(E-Mail Removed)...