Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > silent huner 4 graphics problem

silent huner 4 graphics problem

ace90210

Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
windows xp home. the game (silent hunter 4) worked fine on this. when
i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
nothing but drivers installed. the systems i have tried are...
1.)
6400 X2 amd 3.2Ghz x 2
4GB ddr2 RAM
8800 gt 512mb gpu and swaped with a x2600XT gpu too.

also tried a 4400X2 2.2Ghz X2 on the 939 chip
DDR1 ram 2 GB
and the same cards again

and a brand new built pc with a Q9550 Quad core 2.83Ghz
4 GB ddr3 ram
nvidia gtx 280

as mention these were tried with clean installs of windows hardware
runs everything else perfectly and all drivers and game patches where
isntalled and tried with them and without to be sure. with xp service
pack 2 seemed to cause some troubles on certain setups so they were
tested without it other than the the OS was upto date too. the only
connection i can see between all the new setups besde being just
faster is that they are all 1.) dual or Quad core CPUs, 2 run on PCI-E
card slots not agp as the 1650 was and 3 the 1650 is a dx9 card but
the rest are dx10 based even though running on a dx9 OS like xp though
the problem is still there :S any help would be really appreciated and
ithank anyone in advance for there help.

PS ive conected ubisoft and they seem to be abit lost and keep
sugesting things such as latest drivers or rolling back drivers which
i have tried on the 2600 as i have alot of old drivers for that on a
cd i had. they beleive it may be a driver issue on the GPU side but
are looking into it (im not confident they will be able to fix it
though) and i have contacted ati today as there 1650 works im hoping
they may have a clue why its not working.

hwأf

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 05:27:58 -0800, ace90210 aided th' terraists with the
following claims :

> Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
> upgraded my pc...

Uh huh. If it aint broke dont fix it.
Oops...too late

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
>upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
>windows xp home. the game (silent hunter 4) worked fine on this. when
>i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
>below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
>the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
>looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
>out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
>tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
>nothing but drivers installed.

Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.

FWIW I had this problem:
from a 3 Ghz P4 with 2.5 GB ram

Smoke or spots of fog that just wouldn't go away, and had no business
being there (COD4)

http://i36.tinypic.com/261ydxc.jpg
And this has two spots (middle (smoke trail that stayed), and middle
right) http://i34.tinypic.com/2n04lrq.jpg

I lost my video card (GeForce 7900) a few months after this problem.
Heat was not a factor.

--

Hang in there.
http://kankky.apina.biz:8003/10586.jpg

chuckcar

ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
> upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
> windows xp home. the game (silent hunter 4) worked fine on this. when
> i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
> below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
> the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
> looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
> out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
> tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
> nothing but drivers installed. the systems i have tried are...
> 1.)
> 6400 X2 amd 3.2Ghz x 2
> 4GB ddr2 RAM
> 8800 gt 512mb gpu and swaped with a x2600XT gpu too.

Try:

1. Running the video tests in directx diagnostics

start->run and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes

Once it's finished loading click on thre graphics tab press each of the
buttons below in turn and see if they all work fine

2. In the start menu where the game is, is there an option to choose the
graphic accelerator? is it set to the graphics card *you* have?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

ftwhd wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:05:16 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>Smoke or spots of fog that just wouldn't go away, and had no business
>>being there (COD4)

>>http://i36.tinypic.com/261ydxc.jpg
>>And this has two spots (middle (smoke trail that stayed), and middle
>>right) http://i34.tinypic.com/2n04lrq.jpg

>Those are not smoke/fog spots. It would appear that you have found an
>image of the Virgin Mary in your game. I'l give you 700 billion
>dollars for the screenshot.

I eagerly await your representative, May allah be with you - Woops
wrong one - May god bless you.

--

On Nov 13, 12:21*am, chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote innews:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
> > upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
> > windows xp home. the game (silenthunter4) worked fine on this. when
> > i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
> > below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
> > the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
> > looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
> > out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
> > tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
> > nothing but drivers installed. the systems i have tried are...
> > 1.)
> > 6400 X2 amd 3.2Ghz x 2
> > 4GB ddr2 RAM
> > 8800 gt 512mb gpu and swaped with a x2600XT gpu too.

> Try:
>
> 1. Running the video tests in directx diagnostics
>
> start->run and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes
>
> Once it's finished loading click on thre graphics tab press each of the
> buttons below in turn and see if they all work fine
>
> 2. In the start menu where the game is, is there an option to choose the
> graphic accelerator? is it set to the graphics card *you* have?
>
> --
> (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )

Hi thanks for the reply unfortunatelly the game does not listthe
graphics accelerator and dxdiag shows no problems with the systems im
using

ace90210

On Nov 12, 6:05*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> *ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
> >upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
> >windows xp home. the game (silenthunter4) worked fine on this. when
> >i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
> >below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
> >the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
> >looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
> >out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
> >tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
> >nothing but drivers installed.

> Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.
>
> FWIW I had this problem:
> from a 3 Ghz P4 with 2.5 GB ram
>
> Smoke or spots of fog that just wouldn't go away, and had no business
> being there (COD4)
>
> http://i36.tinypic.com/261ydxc.jpg
> And this has two spots (middle (smoke trail that stayed), and middle
> right)http://i34.tinypic.com/2n04lrq.jpg
>
> I lost my video card (GeForce 7900) a few months after this problem.
> Heat was not a factor.
>
> --
>
> Hang in there.http://kankky.apina.biz:8003/10586.jpg

thanks i have tied all the in game settings on and off all that
changes is the contrast seems to get very ddark the higher the
graphics are set :S

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Nov 12, 6:05*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> *ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
>> >upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
>> >windows xp home. the game (silenthunter4) worked fine on this. when
>> >i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
>> >below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
>> >the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
>> >looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
>> >out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
>> >tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
>> >nothing but drivers installed.

>> Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.

>thanks i have tied all the in game settings on and off all that
>changes is the contrast seems to get very ddark the higher the
>graphics are set :S

Very hard to fix without being there, there is on thing you might try

Chucktard attempted to explain this, but blew it as well.

Start | Run <type in>
DXDIAG
<enter>

Goto Display and make sure your DrectDraw, Direct3d, and the AGP
Texture acceleration are enabled. run the test if you wish, just make
sure you have the acceleration enabled.

Sometimes reducing the acceleration of the hardware sound level will
fix problems - this is under sounds you may have more than one tab.

--

Falconer
http://tinyurl.com/9wjyw

ace90210

On Nov 18, 8:19*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> *ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.

> >thanks i have tied all the in game settings on and off all that
> >changes is the contrast seems to get very ddark the higher the
> >graphics are set :S

> Very hard to fix without being there, there is on thing you might try
>
> Chucktard attempted to explain this, but blew it as well.
>
> Start | Run <type in>
> DXDIAG
> <enter>
>
> Goto Display and make sure your DrectDraw, Direct3d, and the AGP
> Texture acceleration are enabled. run the test if you wish, just make
> sure you have the acceleration enabled.
>
> Sometimes reducing the acceleration of the hardware sound level will
> fix problems - this is under sounds you may have more than one tab.
>
> --
>
> Falconerhttp://tinyurl.com/9wjyw- Hide quoted text -

thanks for your help they are all enabled i am unsure how you change
sound acceleration but the sound says it has no problems

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

ace90210 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Goto Display and make sure your DrectDraw, Direct3d, and the AGP
>> Texture acceleration are enabled. run the test if you wish, just make
>> sure you have the acceleration enabled.
>>
>> Sometimes reducing the acceleration of the hardware sound level will
>> fix problems - this is under sounds you may have more than one tab.

>thanks for your help they are all enabled i am unsure how you change
>sound acceleration but the sound says it has no problems

There should be a slider, if you don't have one you can't adjust it.

My bad, this should of been the first thing to try: go here
http://silenthunter4.uk.ubi.com/ to find any updates, and read the
forums to see if anybody else has the same problem and a fix.

--

Falconer
http://tinyurl.com/9wjyw