Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Firefox 64bit - addon question

Firefox 64bit - addon question

Poutnik

hi,

I have seen there is Firefox 3.0.3 64bit (probably alpha build)

http://www.start64.com/index.php?opt...ask=view&id=25
&Itemid=75

Does is need also 64bit addons ? Than I would abandon it.
Or are addons platform independent ?

Carlos

Hi,
Don't know about Firefox, but IE 64-bit needs 64-bit addons.
For example, so far there are neither flash nor java plug-in 64-bit versions
of those programs.
My best guess is that the same applies to Firefox 64-bit.
Carlos

"Poutnik" wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have seen there is Firefox 3.0.3 64bit (probably alpha build)
>
> http://www.start64.com/index.php?opt...ask=view&id=25
> &Itemid=75
>
> Does is need also 64bit addons ? Than I would abandon it.
> Or are addons platform independent ?

Bobby Johnson

Yes, it needs 64-bit addons and there are currently none
being published, although, Java and Adobe supposedly will
making 64-bit version available "soon." However, no one
knows what "soon" really implies; it could be next week,
next month, or next year!

Poutnik wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have seen there is Firefox 3.0.3 64bit (probably alpha build)
>
> http://www.start64.com/index.php?opt...ask=view&id=25
> &Itemid=75
>
> Does is need also 64bit addons ? Than I would abandon it.
> Or are addons platform independent ?

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Carlos wrote:

>Hi,
>Don't know about Firefox, but IE 64-bit needs 64-bit addons.
>For example, so far there are neither flash nor java plug-in 64-bit
>versions
>of those programs.

And the value of IE x64 is much enhanced as a result! (only semi <g>!)

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]