Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: OT: Grey computer icon in Nokia phone display

Re: OT: Grey computer icon in Nokia phone display

Evan Platt

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:24:55 -0000, "Smirnoff"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Have read the user guide and asked in the Nokia forums but no joy.
>
>I have a grey computer-like icon next to the battery indicator in my
>Nokia 2630 phone.

What is 'computer like'?

Laptop? Desktop? Something else?

mike.f

"Smirnoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:24:55 -0000, "Smirnoff"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Have read the user guide and asked in the Nokia forums but no joy.
>>>
>>>I have a grey computer-like icon next to the battery indicator in my
>>>Nokia 2630 phone.

>> What is 'computer like'?
>>
>> Laptop? Desktop? Something else?
>> --
>> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

> Desktop - a rectangular shape directly above a slightly wider, less-deep
> base unit.
>
> I have Orange PAYG and have put my SIM card in the new phone. Am wondering
> if my old steam-driven SIM card is not up to the job.
>
> Have also e-mailed Orange to see if I can get an explanation.

Hi, I'll be watching this thread with interest. Got the same icon on my
6500s. Orange
contract, no idea what it is tho!
Regs Mike.

Evan Platt

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:16:52 -0000, "Smirnoff"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Desktop - a rectangular shape directly above a slightly wider, less-deep
>base unit.
>
>I have Orange PAYG and have put my SIM card in the new phone. Am
>wondering if my old steam-driven SIM card is not up to the job.
>
>Have also e-mailed Orange to see if I can get an explanation.

No idea.. Doesn't ring a bell. If you're able to take a picture of it,
that may help. I looked in the manual, didn't see anything.