Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NTFS / FAT question

NTFS / FAT question

kj@nospam.com

Hey folks,

I saved a lot of files from drives that were FAT32 on a puter that got a
rootkit and had to be reformatted. (The files I saved were not from the
OS drive, but unaffected data files.) Can I copy those FAT32 files to
NTFS drives now? I need to know before I format the new drives as NTFS.

Thanks.

mtheory@nowhere.com

KJ ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:

>Hey folks,
>
>I saved a lot of files from drives that were FAT32 on a puter that got a
>rootkit and had to be reformatted. (The files I saved were not from the
>OS drive, but unaffected data files.) Can I copy those FAT32 files to
>NTFS drives now? I need to know before I format the new drives as NTFS.
>

>Thanks.

It works fine.