Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Following a Path In XP ?

Following a Path In XP ?

Robert11

Hello,

Running XP and Firefox.

Did some spyware and virus scans, and would like to ask a question regarding
what was found. Several instances similar to the following example:

C:\Documents and
Settings\Steve\Cookies\(E-Mail Removed)[1].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.539b0606;"Found
Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"

What I don't understand is that when I go to to C:\Documents and
Settings\Steve
there is no Folder or File labeled Cookies.

I have also changed the Folders settings to show all hidden files, but
"Cookies", and what is after it, still doesn't show in Steve\.

Not interested in asking now re the virus or whatever it found, but am
interested in how XP organizes things, etc.

So, just to learn something, and consider it of academic interest, what
might be some reasons that a scan found something, gave the path to it quite
exactly apparently, but I cannot find what it found when I try to follow it
?

Thanks,
Bob

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did some spyware and virus scans, and would like to ask a question regarding
>what was found. Several instances similar to the following example:
>
>C:\Documents and
>Settings\Steve\Cookies\(E-Mail Removed)[1].txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.539b0606;"Found
>Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"
>
>What I don't understand is that when I go to to C:\Documents and
>Settings\Steve
>there is no Folder or File labeled Cookies.

I'm running 3.0 and I do have a cookies directory at that spot.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2113129AAihjcT
says that firefox cookies are deeper in.
"Go to Documents and settings>application data>mozilla> From there
choose your user and then navigate to the cookies folder."

If all else fails Run: "C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Cookies\"

If there is a anything at that path it will open in explorer. Nothing
will run just be shown.

One other way is to use the FIND command and look for cookie

And finally make sure everything is unhidden
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...l62.html#winxp

--

Ahmadinejad's wife is much hotter than Palin!
photobucket.com/albums/d57/b_gardenia/iran/Ahmadinejad_Wife.jpg